Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

Chris, Can you take remote control of my computer and fix

Chris,

Can you take remote control of my computer and fix several issues?

I sure can, are you ready to do this now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so. If your computer has windows 8 be aware that you may receive a message telling you the remote utility is harmful, it is not so make sure you allow it to run.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=6a8bc9bc-5ff8-41a9-893c-6c3d07a8e047&SUPPORT=NET

.
Are you having trouble?

If so please try pressing CTRL and J then look for a file called elsinore and double click it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still trying to connect with you Chris.
Ok, you are not running the connection utility.

Try pressing CTRL and J then look for a file called elsinore and double click it.

Also make sure there is not a box that popped up asking you to allow it to run, hold down ALT and press TAB to cycle through the windows.
Please rate my service.

Thank you,
Chris

Just wanted to check in and see how you made out with the updates.
-Chris
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Chris...can you take control of my computer?
Yes, I am just finishing something so I will need a few moments.

What happened with the updates did it fail?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I kept checking for updates and only had a couple to do of which one keeps failing. But, as you know, there are many other updates that have failed when you tried the updates yesterday.
but as of now, is it only showing 1 failed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What about that screen that you checked yesterday which showed multiple failures yesterday. You said that you might have to update all those individually one by one.
Yes but if they are not showing then they went through.

I expected at least one to continue to fail
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just checked the windows update screen and found 5/23/2013 updates that were successful. But, I couldn't find the 5/22/2013 updates that you did yesterday with many successful and unsuccessful.
.
Almost done with someone else, will send you a message soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just checked the windows update screen and then clicked on update history which shows over 750 failed updates between 5/9/2013-5/22/2013.
.
Ok will look soon.
So sorry for the delay.

Click the link when ready to connect I am standing by:
http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=1a0ce80a-d369-40ad-96ba-c4b8620b5d10&SUPPORT=NET

.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Having trouble connecting again tonight...please advise.
It may be your norton blocking it.

Try to disable norton and try again:

.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You don't mean to uninstall Norton, correct? How do I disable Norton and not uninstall it?
No I don't mean uninstall it,

Also make sure there is not a box that popped up asking you to allow it to run, hold down ALT and press TAB to cycle through the windows and see if norton is blocking it.

it was last night but you allowed it I believe.
Also try right clicking the norton icon on the bottom right and seeing id there is a disable option, it is different on all version of norton so it may not show it there but it has the option to shut it off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is a disable firewall option, is that what you mean?
yeah try that if you cannot find out to disable the whole thing.

After you do try again

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is also a disable antivirus auto virus protection besides disable smart firewall.
yes disable it all.

After you do try again

Ok just for the records.

The updates that were failing yesterday did install. The failed updates showing in the history were from when you had the issue, so it is just a history, like a list saying what is going on.

Everything with the computer seems great!

Let me know when you want to work on the lenova.

Thanks,
Chris