Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I performed a refreshing of my Gateway with windows 8. The

I performed a refreshing of my Gateway with windows 8. The computer created a folder containing essential apps. How can these apps be restored to my computer?

Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. What are some of these essential apps?

If you open an essential app in that folder, what happens?

Can you go to the Store app from the Start screen, then move your mouse to the top, then click on Your Apps, do you see your apps there? Can you reinstall them there?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
When I performed the operation, the computer removed all apps which I had downloaded, such as Microsoft, etc. All such applications were removed from my computer and placed into a special folder labeled "Apps removed during refreshing. All of this data is located on my computer in "program files & features". I have a Gateway operating with Windows 8.
OK, so in that folder, if you open an app, it does not reinstall?

Did you go to the Store app from the Start screen, then move your mouse to the top, then click on Your Apps, then you can reinstall any app you want there?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My computer does not have a 'Store App.' I have a Windows 8 with the tiles. When I go the section marked, 'program files and features', I had no success in retrieving the apps.

Sorry, windows 8 should have Store app (it has the shopping bag logo) in the Start screen (not the Desktop). Can you click on the image below and check?

graphic

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I found and opened the 'Store App" None of the information I want is there.
After opening the Store app, move your mouse to the top, then click on Your Apps, then do you see any app you need there?
graphic

And/or in the Store app, can you search/type for the app name you need, then install?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not purchase any apps from the store. Is there any system or formula I can use to transfer the information from program files and features?
Got it, so you did not purchase apps from the Store app, but you've downloaded and/or installed from software disks right? Unfortunately, you cannot transfer programs, you can only transfer your data (such as documents, pictures, etc.)

But you should be able to reinstall those programs. What are the programs you need? Can you download and reinstall? And/or can you use your software disks to reinstall?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have any discs.
How were you able to install these programs previously?

Can you please tell me the names of the programs you need?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Microsoft Office (2012 edition)
Gateway Power Management
Gateway Recovery Management
Hotkey Utility
Identity Card
Live Updater
Microsoft Visual Distributor
Nero 12 Essentials
Point Grab Hand Gesture Control
Pointgrab Hand Gesturre Tutorial
qUALCOMM aTHEROS wIfI dRIVER iNSTALLATION
rEALTEK eTHERNET cONTROLLER dRIVER
rEALTEK hIGH dEFINITION aUDIO dRIVER
rEALTEK usb 2.0 cARD rEADER
sPOTIFYthx tRUE STUDIO pRO
vIEWPOINT mEDIA pLAYER
Did you use the windows refresh/reset, or did you sue the gateway recovery management program?

Do you have the gateway recovery disk? (Usually, you would use the gateway recovery management program previously in order to burn the recovery disk.)

What's the exact model of your gateway model? Can you check for all the drivers and gateway software at the website:
http://support.gateway.com/product/?cmpid=supportnav

Did you purchase Nero and Microsoft Office previously? Also, there is no microsoft office 2012 edition, but 2013 edition (and 2010.)

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
tHIS COMPUTER WAS A GIFT AND THESE APPS WERE PURCHASED BY SOMEONE ELSE.
Sorry, that could be an issue, can you ask that person for the licenses/product keys? Or we can find some free alternative programs. Did you use the windows refresh/reset, or did you sue the gateway recovery management program?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
At this point in time, I am becoming frustrated, not because of you but because of this computer. Can you recommend any free alternative products? If so, That will suffice.
I'm really sorry about that. Microsoft office and Nero are licensed programs, so it requires the owner's verification (not gateway's verification). But here are free and good alternative programs you can use.

First, for any gateway driver or software (only if you need them), please check at

For free alternative office program, you can download and install the Open Office:
http://openoffice.org/

For free alternative burning program, you can use the CDBurnerxp program:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_cdburnerxp/
; click on Download Latest Version on the right to download and install.

If you need any other program, please let me know, so I can find some more free alternative ones. Thank you