Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

In April 2009 I bought an HP Pravillion p6310y PC at Best Buy

In April 2009 I bought an HP Pravillion p6310y PC at Best Buy in Ankeny Iowa. It has an AMD Athlon II by 4 630 Quad Core Processor, 1T hard drive. It now makes low growling noises at times, and sometimes makes a loud sound as if it is unwinding. My son says it sounds like a defective electric motor. At times it gets commands mixed up and does something odd.

What do you think is the matter with it? I have purchased a Seagate external drive and have it doing backup, just in case this is going to really crash.
Hello and thank you for using justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. Smile I am very sorry you have ran into this problem. Cry If you are experiencing this kind of problem and you are hearing this it means the you may have a malfunctioning heat sync and fan. The fan is what may be making that grinding noise and when that fan can't take the heat away from that heat sync you will gets those strange commands it may even freeze and slow down. You would need to have that replaced if it's still under warranty or bestbuy geek squad can also replace it for you. I'm so sorry about this.