Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have a Samsung Smart TV (connects with the Internet). When

I have a Samsung Smart TV (connects with the Internet). When I click on the Picasa logo I get a message "Create an account from Settings and update service site. Service site should be created on the web site picasaweb,google.com." I can't figure out how to do that.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Question, when you go to the picasa site, do you already have a google / gmail / picasa account that your able to sign into from your computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Lets follow these steps to get picasa setup on your TV then

Internet@TV from the main menu
2) Settings
3) System Setup...here is where we think we set up our username and PIN
4) After setting up service site ID, go to Manager (under Internet@TV) and choose "service site" - it should ask for your PIN
5) Select Picasa and register your existing Picasa account login info (you must have a Picasa account set up first)
6) Return to the main Internet@TV menu and choose Samsung Apps
7) Select "Login" using the red "A" button on remote, and enter your PIN again
8) Choose Picasa (under "What's New" or "Lifestyle") and select "Run Now"
9) This should connect you to the main Picasa app, now connected to your account

If you get stuck, or run into any issues, please let me know.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This will take a few minutes to try.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Not a problem, remember I am here to to assist in case you run into any issues.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've gotten to the "Smart Hub" on the TV where I can access the Internet, but there is no Settings option there. There is no place for me to put in my Picasa user name and password.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
When your in the smarthub, the settings button on your remote doesnt pull up the smarthub settings page?

And you cant find settings within account, or anywhere else within the smarthub screens?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
"Internet TV" is not on my main menu. On the remote I went to Tools -- Settings -- Service Manager which had no "service site" option. I still can't find anywhere to enter my Picasa account information.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
The settings screen should look like this

with account management, service manager, reset, and properties as a choice to select.

What are you seeing on that page?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have: Account Manager, Service manager, Reset, Terms and Conditions and About Smart Hub.
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Thanks.. And if you go into service manager..

What do you see listed on that page?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to Account Manager and clicked on Link to Other Accounts, saw Picassa, clicked on it, entered my account information and was linked to Picassa. I believe my problem is solved!
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.
Excellent..

Samsung changes the pages in their smart TV app more often then they update the support pages online.. I figured if we worked step by step through the page where the connection was supposed to be setup from ( account manager ) that wed find the place to connect and activate the picasa account.

If you run into any further issues, dont hesitate to ask.

Dustin S.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller