Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I tried to save & file an email †hat had some info Ive needed

I tried to save & file an email †hat had some info I've needed for a long time. I think I tried to file it in Documents. Anyway, I had to give it a title and when I did I got a little popup thing with the mail logo on it saying "Names over 31 characters are not supported on the destination volume. Please choose a name with 31 characters or less. - OK" So I shortened the name a bit and tried to file it again. The email left the screen but the popup thing didn't. Now I can't do a thing with email and I definitely can't get that popup thing to go away. What should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you try a force shutdown: press & hold the power button on the computer for about 10 seconds for it to power it off, then turn it back on and check.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it worked! The little popup went away & I seem to be able to get to other emails. The email that started all this also went away. I remembered that I had flagged it and checked under "flagged" which has now appeared in my mailboxes list. And there it was.

Now- what is the best way to handle this email so I can keep it forever? It's a set of instructions that I'll have to refer to from time to time. I'm a bit afraid to experiment after what just happened. If you could make some suggestions I'll deal with them tomorrow as it's so late, but I'll rate you when I get them so you won't be left hanging.

Thanks for your help. You've gotten stuck with me about 3 times lately. My problems all seem to arise in the middle of the night.
Great. You're welcome. It could be just a glitch, or it was because you entered the file name too long. The fix when a program or computer is stuck, then you just press & hold the power button to power it off, then turn it back on. If you have any issue later, please let me know any time. Thank you,

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! You'll be delighted to hear that I have another question while we're at it.

I'm eligible for a cell phone upgrade with Verizon and decided to go for a smartphone. I had thought of getting an iPhone 5 because I have an Apple computer, but a friend whose opinions I respect urges me to go with a Samsung Galaxy somethingorother - latest smartphone- because it's easy to use, has a larger screen & thus a bigger keyboard for texting, & also takes a nice picture .

My goals are to have something easy to use that takes good pictures, has the capacity to print photos with my HP Envy 120 printer or save them on my Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.3 computer, sends texts & is not horrendously expensive in basic monthly charges. Price is not much of an issue as right now at least there's not much difference. Oh - and connects easily with the computer so I'm not driven nuts all the time.

Any thoughts?
You're welcome. I prefer android/samsung as it has bigger screen (better for viewing photos/web pages, etc.); it takes good pictures, and connects easily to computer to download pictures and print.

Thank you
Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.