James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
24111805

Hi, is Microsoft Outlook Web Access a software program or a

Hi, is Microsoft Outlook Web Access a software program or a free download? I need to install it on my computer and I can't find it anywhere.
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I appreciate the oppurtunity to assist you today.
I will do my best to answer your question!

Outlook Web Access (OWA) is part of Microsoft Exchange server. It is a web-server based email facility, that allows you to access your email and calendar by using your Internet Explorer.

There is nothing to install, since it is just a web page. You need to run Internet Explorer, and type in the address of the OWA site, this needs to be given to you by your network/system administrator.

I hope this makes sense!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK -- thanks. I currently have that on my computer. But when I installed the Windows updates the other day, it suddenly no longer works. I can sign in, but I can't get to any of my previous received or sent emails. I just keeps saying "loading . . . " and never stops. So now that I understand what you're saying about OWA, maybe I need to ask a different question -- how can I fix the problem that has just come up in my OWA that's already on my computer. (I had thought I would just uninstall and then install a new one, which is why I asked my initial question.) Thank you!

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Click Start, and go to Programs-->Accessories-->System Tools
Click System Restore
Follow the prompts to restore your system to a date when your'e certain it was working properly.

After you reboot, your system will be just as it was at the date you selected.

Thanks,

James.
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience: 20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.