Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

mozilla is no longer allowing me to right click and make a

Customer Question

mozilla is no longer allowing me to right click and make a new folder. Also the Tabs are now on top and I want them moved back on the bottom
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.
If this was a recent change you may be able to fix it easily by using a system restore to a time before the problem occurred.

If it does not work please get me a screen shot of what it looks like now and i can try to duplicate it here and see how it got changed and how to change it back

But try the system restore first. It is very easy and fixes a multitude of causes

System restore instructions - windows 7

type system restore in the white search box on the windows start menu and select system restore from the results

select restore to an earlier date.

Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"
click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTED

choose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problem

hit ok / restore

the computer will start to shut down

a restoring settngs box will appear with a status bar

when it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected.

It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.

Screen shot instructions

hold alt button down hit print screen button release buttons

click start menu / all programs / accesories / paint

click edit / paste

click file / save as

save as a jpg file in my pictures

on the top of this window click the insert button it should be a paper clip to right of the smiley face.

click browse.

click browse in the 2nd window that pops up

browse to the file you just saved in my pictures

click ok

click insert back in the first window

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What I was hoping for was a fix not having to run thru all I have already done. System restore does not work lots of google about these problems and none seem to work. I am not interested in trying a bunch of things you either have the fix or not

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 years ago.

Since i cant even see what you are talking about and since you have not told me everything that you have tried i cant give you a "press the blue button and it will work" If one of those was out there you would have found it already. What will definately work. RE install the program.

are you talking about firefox or thunderbird ?

and can you please send me a screen shot of what you are talking about. That will make it a lot easier for me to figure out what is wrong and thus how to fix it. Would you tell your mechanic "my car engine works wrong how do i fix it i already tried everything" and refuse to answer any questions about what happens when you turn the key or press the gas or what lights are on because "you already checked those and they dont matter"

Screen shot instructions

click edit / paste

click file / save as

save as a jpg file in my pictures

click browse.

click ok

click insert back in the first window