Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.

I unintentionally installed mixidj on my pc. Now it crashes

I unintentionally installed mixidj on my pc. Now it crashes and turns itself off. Google search found speedmaxpc to remove it. Is this product safe or make things worse. Reommend solution please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

SpeedMaxPC is a fake tool as well that will trick you into purchasing it and not actually do anything. This is a scam.

Let's try a few things to remove this Mixidj.

First go ahead and add our chat to your bookmarks that way you can easily return and let me know if this did not work.

Next:

Let's check add/remove programs to see if we can find MixDJ

To do that

Hold the Windows Key (looks like a flag on your keyboard) and press r

A run box will appear. In the run box type in appwiz.cpl then push enter

Look in this list for Mixidj. If you see it Click on it and press the Uninstall button

graphicFollow the prompts to complete the removal.

Next let's run Malwarebytes. This is a free program that is not a scam and will keep you system clean of these infections (Normal Anti-Virus Software will not)

Click this link

http://tinyurl.com/jeremymalwarebytes1

If it asks if you want to run or save choose Run

When the setup opens click OK, Next check both I accept boxes and press Next, Press Next 4 more times, then press Install

When the install completes it will open Malwarebytes automatically

Press the Scan button

The scan could take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour or more. If it finds any threats press theShow Results Button then click the Remove Selected button.

This will reboot your computer and remove any infections you may have on your computer.

Now let's make sure it's not hiding in your browser still. I see where you are using Firefox.

Let's do this. While in Firefox HOLD down CTRL and Shift at the same time. While holding these 2 keys down press the letter a

This will bring up the extensions of Firefox

Look under the Extensions AND the Plugins for anything that says mixidj. If you see this press the Remove button next to each entry for this program

If you run into any issues I am standing by to assist you in any way I can Smile

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated)Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did not show up in first step. Removed it w control panel yesterday. Will try other steps while waiting for responce.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Sounds great Carol I'll be standing by Laughing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Competed scan. Would not shutdown or restart.unplugged pc and restartig. Takes a long time to boot. Is this known virus.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
It sure is. I would try the scan once again. You could do it in Safe mode. To get into Safe Mode. Turn the computer off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping F8 on your keyboard.

Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode then push enter to boot into safe mode

Once in Safe Mode Double Click the Malwarebytes icon and press the Scan button.

Let's see if that does the trick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got to safe mode and ran a complete Malware scan. Deleted 2 programs and rebooted again 2 times to be sure.

Still took a long time to start windows. MixiDJ is still there. I had uninstalled yesterday. It does not show up on applist that you told me to run. I'm still stuck.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Carol would it be okay if I remotely share your screen to take a look?

If that's okay.

https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true

Click the above link, A download should begin. If it asks at the bottom if you want to run or save choose Run

This will open the Join.me Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Reply to me with the 9 digit number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, im writing you from my tablet. Should i get off and start a session from the pc?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Yes that will work :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok , I'm loged in with the PC now. Crazy ads coming up. Thanks for helping. Had to get out of all tabs. Its quiet now.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I hate ad's! :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I clicked the link BestComputerExpert and got a window for CBS videos

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

560-714-560

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Looks like we got it! Thanks for all your patience Carol If there is ever anything I can do to help you in the future please let me know. I am online 7 days a week from 9am est until 11pm est.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It should let you rate my help below using the smiley faces.

Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience: Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi Jeremy,
MixiDJ reapeared on my firefox toolbar not chrome, I ran malware w no detection, It does not show up on my uninstall list.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Carol, would it be okay if I reconnect in and get rid of that for you?

If that's okay

Reply to me with the 9 digit number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
join me number 239-618-807

Already went into Firefox setting and removed the toolbar then restarted PC. Mixidy is still asking to be installed on Firefox
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carol, I seen that you were in the process of returning parts. I wanted to respect your privacy while you did so. Let me know as soon as you are free and i'll connect right in Laughing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I'm still having an issue with ads running in the background and slowness. I think I have something taking over this computer. Can you help me. When we ran your process things got better, but the problem came back.

Carol

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Carol do you still have the Malwarebytes program on your Desktop? Can you do me a favor? Double Click on that. Click the Update Tab

Let malwarebytes do an update. When finished run a scan. Let me know if it finds any threats.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here is the Malware log: no threats

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300 www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.05.31.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 Carol :: CAROL-PC [administrator]

5/31/2013 9:54:10 AM mbam-log-2013-05-31 (09-54-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM Scan options disabled: P2P Objects scanned: 274542 Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 48 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Folders Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Files Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

(end)

When I start the PC I see a window that says it's setting browser preferances. Can't get rid of it. I have ads running all the time and slowness.

Just downloaded and ran the fixdamage program. will reboot now.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Do you want me to connect in and see what's going on? Do you still have the join.me program? If so what are the new 9 digits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am reinstalling join.me now. I uninstalled a lot of stuff today. Please send a number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

803-887-169

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Let's do this as well Carol

http://www.tinyurl.com/jeremytfc

Click the link above and choose Open/Run

When it opens
click the Start Button

Let this run, may take a while. When finished go ahead and reboot Laughing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

keeps telling me cant run from temp folder. I downloaded again to desktop and got the same message. I will reboot and try again.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Okay try saving it to the desktop, Right click the TFC.exe file and choose Run as administrator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

having trouble downloand says publisher cant be verified fails

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I put the app on a root directory and it ran. rebooted. Still did not help.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Can you re-open the join.me application and reply with the new 9 digit numbers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

695-965-425

I downloaded Google Chrome and it's not happening there. I think it could be IE specific.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Let's see if that helps Carol . Thanks for all your patience

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help. I waited to respond to make sure I don't have issues. I did not start IE, only chrome. I'm still getting very slow responce once I shut down and restarted. Although no ads yet. There must be something running that is affecting performance. Should I try a defrag or reset to original specs? I don't have a CD though. I have windows 7.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Carol I forgot to ask you whats the make and model number of the computer. Sometimes when computers get a little warm them will reproduce the slow factor. From what I can tell you have a lot less startup items than myself and no remaining malware threats which is great. Now we just have to tinker with the speed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

eMachine Model EL1852 3.5 Windows Experience Index

Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 GHz

4 GB Ram 64 bit os

My company recomended a speed program form their remote access website. Can't remember name. Is SpeedMaxPC a good product?