Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.

I unintentionally installed mixidj on my pc. Now it crashes

I unintentionally installed mixidj on my pc. Now it crashes and turns itself off. Google search found speedmaxpc to remove it. Is this product safe or make things worse. Reommend solution please.
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

SpeedMaxPC is a fake tool as well that will trick you into purchasing it and not actually do anything. This is a scam.

Let's try a few things to remove this Mixidj.

First go ahead and add our chat to your bookmarks that way you can easily return and let me know if this did not work.

Let's check add/remove programs to see if we can find MixDJ

To do that

Hold the Windows Key (looks like a flag on your keyboard) and press r

A run box will appear. In the run box type in appwiz.cpl then push enter

Look in this list for Mixidj. If you see it Click on it and press the Uninstall button

graphicFollow the prompts to complete the removal.

Next let's run Malwarebytes. This is a free program that is not a scam and will keep you system clean of these infections (Normal Anti-Virus Software will not)

Click this link

If it asks if you want to run or save choose Run

When the setup opens click OK, Next check both I accept boxes and press Next, Press Next 4 more times, then press Install

When the install completes it will open Malwarebytes automatically

Press the Scan button

The scan could take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour or more. If it finds any threats press theShow Results Button then click the Remove Selected button.

This will reboot your computer and remove any infections you may have on your computer.

Now let's make sure it's not hiding in your browser still. I see where you are using Firefox.

Let's do this. While in Firefox HOLD down CTRL and Shift at the same time. While holding these 2 keys down press the letter a

This will bring up the extensions of Firefox

Look under the Extensions AND the Plugins for anything that says mixidj. If you see this press the Remove button next to each entry for this program

If you run into any issues I am standing by to assist you in any way I can Smile

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated)Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did not show up in first step. Removed it w control panel yesterday. Will try other steps while waiting for responce.

Sounds great Carol I'll be standing by Laughing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Competed scan. Would not shutdown or restart.unplugged pc and restartig. Takes a long time to boot. Is this known virus.

It sure is. I would try the scan once again. You could do it in Safe mode. To get into Safe Mode. Turn the computer off. Turn it back on and immediately start tapping F8 on your keyboard.

Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode then push enter to boot into safe mode

Once in Safe Mode Double Click the Malwarebytes icon and press the Scan button.

Let's see if that does the trick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got to safe mode and ran a complete Malware scan. Deleted 2 programs and rebooted again 2 times to be sure.

Still took a long time to start windows. MixiDJ is still there. I had uninstalled yesterday. It does not show up on applist that you told me to run. I'm still stuck.

Carol would it be okay if I remotely share your screen to take a look?

If that's okay.

Click the above link, A download should begin. If it asks at the bottom if you want to run or save choose Run

This will open the Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Reply to me with the 9 digit number
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, im writing you from my tablet. Should i get off and start a session from the pc?

Yes that will work :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok , I'm loged in with the PC now. Crazy ads coming up. Thanks for helping. Had to get out of all tabs. Its quiet now.

I hate ad's! :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I clicked the link BestComputerExpert and got a window for CBS videos

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looks like we got it! Thanks for all your patience Carol If there is ever anything I can do to help you in the future please let me know. I am online 7 days a week from 9am est until 11pm est.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. It should let you rate my help below using the smiley faces.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi Jeremy,
MixiDJ reapeared on my firefox toolbar not chrome, I ran malware w no detection, It does not show up on my uninstall list.
Carol, would it be okay if I reconnect in and get rid of that for you?

If that's okay

Reply to me with the 9 digit number
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
join me number 239-618-807

Already went into Firefox setting and removed the toolbar then restarted PC. Mixidy is still asking to be installed on Firefox
Hi Carol, I seen that you were in the process of returning parts. I wanted to respect your privacy while you did so. Let me know as soon as you are free and i'll connect right in Laughing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,

I'm still having an issue with ads running in the background and slowness. I think I have something taking over this computer. Can you help me. When we ran your process things got better, but the problem came back.

Carol do you still have the Malwarebytes program on your Desktop? Can you do me a favor? Double Click on that. Click the Update Tab

Let malwarebytes do an update. When finished run a scan. Let me know if it finds any threats.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is the Malware log: no threats

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Database version: v2013.05.31.04

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 Carol :: CAROL-PC [administrator]

5/31/2013 9:54:10 AM mbam-log-2013-05-31 (09-54-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM Scan options disabled: P2P Objects scanned: 274542 Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 48 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Folders Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

Files Detected: 0 (No malicious items detected)

When I start the PC I see a window that says it's setting browser preferances. Can't get rid of it. I have ads running all the time and slowness.

Just downloaded and ran the fixdamage program. will reboot now.

Do you want me to connect in and see what's going on? Do you still have the program? If so what are the new 9 digits?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am reinstalling now. I uninstalled a lot of stuff today. Please send a number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Let's do this as well Carol

Click the link above and choose Open/Run

When it opens
click the Start Button

Let this run, may take a while. When finished go ahead and reboot Laughing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

keeps telling me cant run from temp folder. I downloaded again to desktop and got the same message. I will reboot and try again.

Okay try saving it to the desktop, Right click the TFC.exe file and choose Run as administrator
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

having trouble downloand says publisher cant be verified fails

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I put the app on a root directory and it ran. rebooted. Still did not help.

Can you re-open the application and reply with the new 9 digit numbers?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I downloaded Google Chrome and it's not happening there. I think it could be IE specific.

Let's see if that helps Carol . Thanks for all your patience

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your help. I waited to respond to make sure I don't have issues. I did not start IE, only chrome. I'm still getting very slow responce once I shut down and restarted. Although no ads yet. There must be something running that is affecting performance. Should I try a defrag or reset to original specs? I don't have a CD though. I have windows 7.

Carol I forgot to ask you whats the make and model number of the computer. Sometimes when computers get a little warm them will reproduce the slow factor. From what I can tell you have a lot less startup items than myself and no remaining malware threats which is great. Now we just have to tinker with the speed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

eMachine Model EL1852 3.5 Windows Experience Index

Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20 GHz

4 GB Ram 64 bit os

My company recomended a speed program form their remote access website. Can't remember name. Is SpeedMaxPC a good product?