Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.
62669195

I had a Cannon Pixma ip3000 with my old computer. Got a 5000

I had a Cannon Pixma ip3000 with my old computer. Got a 5000 for the new computer. 5000 needs a new print head. so I figure I can get the 3000 back up and running, but I have no software and drivers. Been looking on the internet but seem to find only sites that want to sell you everything to get the "free" drivers. Any ideas?
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

I know the feeling now a days. Seems like every site is out to get you in any way they can.

If you are running Windows Vista or 7 the driver is already built in. However if you are using Windows XP I found the driver for you

http://tinyurl.com/jeremyip3000xpdrv

If you click the link above and choose run this will bring up the driver for XP and install it for you.

However if you are on Windows 7 / Vista all you should have to do is plug the USB cable to the computer and Vista/7 will automatically install the driver.

If it does not function you may want to make sure the IP3000 is the default printer.

To do that:

Hold the Windows Key (looks like a flag on the keyboard) and press r

A run box will appear.

In the run box type in control printers then push enter

Right Click
the IP3000 and choose set as default

(If you are not sure which one the IP3000 is, disconnect the usb cable, watch what dissappears then re-connect it and see what appears in the list)

Try printing once again

If you get stuck on anything I'll be here to help you in any way I can

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks a bunch. Wish I would have done this an hour ago. I think I'm all set. If not I'll get back to you. Thanks again Jeremy.

No problem at all Bob. If everything all set you can rate my help below. If you need any help please feel free to reply, I'll be here until 11:30pm or so and will be online all day tomorrow. Keep in touch if I can ever help you out in anyway Bob.

(I am usually on 7 days a week, so send a reply anytime Laughing)

Have A wonderful night if I don't hear from you Bob!

Jerey