Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

my brother mfc-990cw wont print.

Customer Question

my brother mfc-990cw won't print.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error? Do you connect the printer to the computer with the usb printer cable? Or do you connect it via wireless/network?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It's wireless.

Can you disconnect the power cords from the modem/router and printer for a few minutes, then reconnect, and check?

If that does not work:

Can you go to setup/menu on the printer and make sure it is connected to wireless?

On the computer, can you go to Start, control panel, printers, then right-click on the brother printer, and remove it
, then click on the Add a printer on the top to see if it can detect the printer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I disconnected the power cords of both the modem and printer then reconnected but it still won't print.

I have gone to start, control panel, printers and removed the printer. I've clicked add printer and it's asking me what type of printer do I want to install.

When you add a printer, select the network option, does it detect your printer? Thank you
If that does not work, can you go to Start, control panel, add/remove programs, (or programs, programs and features), then remove/uninstall the brother program

, then restart the computer, then go to the website below:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_top.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc990cw_all

, then select your operating system/windows version, then click on Search, then download and install the full driver/software in order to re-set up the printer?

Please let me know . Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Ive done that now it's asking me if I want to run or save the download.

do I run or save it?

Run it. Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It's now popped with decompress destination folder and I have three choices browse decompress or cancel?

decompress thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

it said decompression was successful

please start installing. thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

how do I do that?

Check where it is compressed to then open the setup file to install. Or download again. then browse to where you want to decompress to then install.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

where do I go to see where it is compressed to. I tried to download it again but the same thing happened. it said it had compressed but with nothing else

Use the website I gave you previously. Or can we do a screen sharing session later so I can fix this directly for you?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So sorry I'm such a computer clutz .... I have very little computer knowledge can we do the screen sharing please
Sorry, are you available now to do a screen sharing session? Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The international time difference and the response time to my questions didn't work for me. I have had to call in a technician to get my printer up and running.

Can I have a refund please?

I'm sorry, it's been more than 3 days; I'm available now; please click on the website below and allow the Screenconnect program to run, then I will be able to chat with you and help you directly:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=c52b9982-8521-4faa-9ed6-1bca84bae8e8&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Don't worry. We guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I run a business and I had to get the printer up and running. I waited Saturday (my time) for you to respond for the screen talk through, there was no reply. I understood you provided a 24 hour service.

As I said, I found the response time between questions and answers not workable. The printer is now working, I had a technician come in who I had to pay.

I have a meeting I have to attend now, is it possible to have a refund because you 100% guaranteed your service?

Thanks

I'm sorry, we have 24-hour service, but we had a site outage last time. Yes, of course, a refund is being issued. If you need any thing else later, please let me know any time. Thank you very much,