Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I typed my question twice now; when I clicked Get an Answer

I typed my question twice now; when I clicked 'Get an Answer' the question vaporized both times; your web-site programmer need a swift kick!!

PDF links in IE result in a blank page 95% of the time. Tried using IE 8, 9 & 10; and tried resetting IE, tried re-installing Adobe reader X & XI. Running on Windows 7 Pro.

Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried another browser, such as Firefox

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check/fix this issue directly for you? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried using IE 8, 9 & 10; and tried resetting IE Tried re-installing Adobe reader X & XI.

I'm sorry; please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect program to run, then I will be able to chat with you and help you directly:

Edit: Did you click on the website link I gave you yet? It looks like you've gone away, so I'm canceling the website link for now. Please reply back when you are available to continue, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Google Chrome works fine.

Sorry I was called away for a while.

Don't have my phone, so I'll check regularily to see if you come on-line.

I'm sorry, can you just use chrome as it's faster and more reliable than IE?

And/or don't use Adobe Reader, but use a better reader. Please uninstall Adobe Reader again, but do not reinstall it.

, then download and install the Foxit Reader at the website:

, then see if you can open PDF files in IE now.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to use IE, some web-sites don't work properly in Chrome or the others. I will try the Foxit Reader.

Foxit is secure as I am in a legal firm? I'll need to clear its use with my superiors.

Yes, it is secure like Adobe reader. Thank you,

If needed, you can also go to Start, Control panel, User Accounts, and create a new administrator account, then restart the computer and log in the new account and see if pdf / IE works fine in the new account.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried the new account approach and it didn't fix the problem either; this Foxit looks okay and probably will be accepted, I'll let you know on Monday.

OK. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The solution is adequate. So what happens from here?

Thank you for confirming. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. To finish, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face below, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much