Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Why do web images resize to smaller dimensions when doing a

Why do web images resize to smaller dimensions when doing a "save as" jpeg?

Steps to reproduce:
1) Go to Google and click "Images" for an images search
2) enter "Mother's Day" to bring up various images
3) if you glide over the first one from villapenna.com it shows the dimensions as 1500x1125
4) right click on the image and "save as" a jpeg file on your computer
5) right click on the saved image on your computer, click Properties, click Details tab and it shows as 259x194...WHY DOES IT DO THIS? It seems to do this only on certain images, not all.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. The issue is that the images you are trying to save are only preview images, so they are all small. If you notice that with the way you are saving, the sizes of all the images are small (usually all under 300 x 300, like 259 x 194, or 191 x 263, etc.)

You would need to left-click on a image first, then you can right-click on the (usually bigger) popup image, then save (and/or left-click on a image first, then click on View original image, then right-click and save.)

Please let me know if you have any further question or if there is still any issue. Thank you