Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.

about every other startup , my cursor locks up on my home page

Customer Question

about every other startup , my cursor locks up on my home page ; it takes 2 or 3 restarts from "sleep" or "hibernate" mode to free up the cursor......the touch pad is dead
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for contacting I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

This can potentially be a virus on your PC causing the issue. Please download a free/effective program called Malwarebytes from the link below. When you reach the site click on "Download Installer" then "Run".

The site will download and install the program for you. When it completes locate the Malwarebytes icon on your desktop and open it. Click Yes to update the database then run a quick scan.

When the scan completes remove any infected objects found and if prompted to restart your PC do so.

Click here>>>Malwarebytes Download

You can save this page to your favorites so that you can easily get back. Let me know how you make out.

Please reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. If this does not resolve the issue you can troubleshoot some more!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Malware scan ran......"no malicious items detected"

what's your next idea ?

Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
OK, great.

Let's disable your startup items. These are processes that boot up in the background and can cause conflict.

Click on the windows logo start button, in the search box type in MSCONFIG and hit enter.

The system config box will appear, click on the "Startup" tab. Remove all the check marks except for your antivirus if listed. Click OK and you will be prompted to restart.

After you restart clear out all your junk/temp files. Click on the windows logo start button in the search box type in %temp% and hit enter. The Temp folder will appear, select all files by selecting one then on your keyboard hold CTRL and press A.

Press Del on the keyboard to remove the files some may not remove because in use. That is fine you can leave those test out your issue.

Let me know how you make out.
Expert:  Cris replied 3 years ago.
I noticed you rated poor service, why?

Did you try my solution?