Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.
62669195

I am running windows xp pro, sp 3 and my font went to large

I am running windows xp pro, sp 3 and my font went to large and in display is says NORMAL. The pixels in settings is 800 x 600 and will not accept a change. I tried going from normal to large and back to normal and I still have large font on all apps
Help
I need to know the fee be for I commit please
Larry Guerra [email protected]
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

It sounds like you may have lost your display drivers some how. (The video card software)

800x600 is a very low resolution giving you huge fonts and text. 1024x768 is a more suitable resolution for XP and most monitors.

What is the make and model number of the computer? I can locate the software you will need to re-install to correct this issue Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

compaq SR2050NX,

Thanks looking now Laughing
Wonderful okay let's try this. Go ahead and add our chat to your favorites, that way you can easily return to our chat after testing this. (You can also return to our chat from the link in your e-mail)

Next:

http://tinyurl.com/compaqsrjeremyvid

Click the link above. It will ask if you want to run or save this file, choose Run

Follow the prompts to complete this installation. This is the latest video card driver for that computer.

When finished you may be prompted to reboot. Go ahead and do so if it asks to.

If the font still looks all crazy after the reboot

Click Start, then choose Run

In the run box that appears type in desk.cpl

Move
the resolution bar to say 1024x768 then click the Apply button

If it is still too large please let me know, there is an alternate video driver for that model if this one does not work

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future (even if it's not related to video issues), you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy