Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

have an acer 5051. it is infected with a 32 balater worm and

have an acer 5051. it is infected with a 32 balater worm and has left it inaccessable to any programs. cant access factory restore and cannot access internet. can i get factory restore?
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the computer issue. Yes, you can get factory restore: please turn off the Acer computer, then turn it back on, then press at the same time the two keys Alt and F10 when the computer logo (or the first thing) that appears on the screen in order to do a system recovery/factory restore.

If it does not work, please reply, so I can help further. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried that and it does not work

I'm sorry. Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode with Networking (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login. Does it let you open any program there? Does the internet work in safe mode with networking?

Is there any error when opening a program?

Also, can you please confirm the acer computer has windows xp?

And do you have the windows disk or recovery/restore disk?

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have got into safe mode with networking and now in windows xp screene with administrator and user icons

Log in your regular account, then does it let you open any program there?

Does the internet work in safe mode with networking?

If needed, log in the administrator account in safe mode with networking and see if that accounts work fine or not.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no error. , have entrered user account running in safe mode internet sign is on, am running xp. have a windows xp disc from another computer. will i proceed to work in safe mode or go to system restore

Great. Now in safe mode with networking, click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore shows complete (or fail.)

Next, please go to Safe Mode with Networking again, then go to the website below to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware programs:
http://www.malwarebytes.org
, then scan your computer using the Quick Scan option, then restart the computer normally, and check.
(Note: Use the Free download only; Do not buy anything or try the Pro version; just use its free feature. Also, note that the program name isXXXXX software.)

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

malware software is installed and the computer is running very slow

Sorry, are you installing/scanning with malwarebytes anti-malware program in Safe mode with networking? Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry , no i forgot to enter safe mode - forgot how. sorry

Please try this: turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select Safe Mode with Networking (note: if there is no menu, then try the same steps again, but this time, press key F8 a bit earlier). Then login and click Start->all programs->accessories->system tools->system restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then wait until system restore shows complete (or fail.) (If you did system restore, then just continue the following):

Next, please go to Safe Mode with Networking again (turn off computer, then turn it on, and use the F8 method above again), then go to the website below to download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware programs:
http://www.malwarebytes.org

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

excellent stuff - working as normal. many thanks - thought i might have to buy another laptop!! do i leave the malware software on the computer or shall i remove it? THANKS AGAIN

Great. You're welcome. You can leave the malwarebytes software on the computer. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, please rate my service below. Thank you very much