Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

I have made business cards, printed them many times now I open

Customer Question

I have made business cards, printed them many times now I open the project and it will not print. When I go to print preview I get a blank page.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Marco replied 1 year ago.

businesslegions :

Hi there,

businesslegions :

My name is XXXXX XXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

businesslegions :

Which program are you using to create the business card?

Customer :

Broderbund

businesslegions :

ok go to your business card

businesslegions :

press control A

businesslegions :

press control C and copy everything

businesslegions :

then create a new file and press control V to paste it

businesslegions :

then try printing

businesslegions :

were you able to perform the tests?

Customer :

How do I create a new file?

businesslegions :

are you using Business Card Studio 4.0?

Customer :

I'm using Broderbund Print Shop 2.0 Delux

businesslegions :

ok that's a very old application

businesslegions :

so you were able to use it on windows 7 and then it stopped all of a suddne?

Customer :

All my other projects in Broderbund work just fine, birthday cards, letters etc.

businesslegions :

if you create a new card from scrach

businesslegions :

can you print it?

Customer :

no

businesslegions :

so it must be something related to the program

Customer :

I'm clueless. I've been printing these cards for several years. I've tried making new cards twice but nothing happens.

businesslegions :

have you tried running a repair?

businesslegions :

click start - control panel - software

businesslegions :

maybe ill opt incase there is someone more famiiar

businesslegions :

bye for now

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
what size paper is it set for to do the business cards ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm using Avery business card stock

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
is it set to the correct number in the program ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Of Course!

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

It may just be a problem with that version of brodurbond on windows 7

try re installing the software that particular function may be corrupted and a re install will fix it,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try to reinstall later today.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
ok let me know if that works please. The other possibility is that you are missing a step or putting things in the wrong place. I am assuming that if you have been using the program for this long you have that part down pretty well. But if you want to show me a screenshot of the finished page before it prints I can look at it and see if something jumps out at me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program It still ill not print.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
can you send me a screen shot of the project before you hit the print button ?

Screen shot instructions

hold alt button down hit print screen button release buttons

click start menu / all programs / accesories / paint

click edit / paste

click file / save as

save as a jpg file in my pictures

on the top of this window click the insert button it should be a paper clip to right of the smiley face.

click browse.

click browse in the 2nd window that pops up

browse to the file you just saved in my pictures

click ok

click insert back in the first window