Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.
62669195

My computer has no soumd. How do I fix this

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Jeremy, I would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

I am sorry you are having issues with the Audio, that can be quite frustrating to say the least.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

First and most commonly. If you have external speakers let's make sure they are in the correct spot. This happens to me all the time when I move my computer and I see where you have taken it in to the shop for virus removal.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If this is a desktop, make sure the speaker cable that connects to the computer is in the green hole on the back of the computer.

Also make sure if these speakers are powered that they are connected to the proper power source. Some powered speakers connect to the USB port in the back of the computer where others may just simply plug in the wall.

After you double check the above and if it is still not working let's try something else.

Let's go ahead and remove the audio drivers and allow them to re-install them from scratch.

First go ahead and add our chat to your favorites, that way you can easily return to our chat after testing. (You can also return to this same chat from the link in your e-mail)

Next

Hold the Windows Key (looks like a flag on the keyboard) and press r

In the run box that appears type in devmgmt.msc then push enter

Scroll Down and double click Sound, Video, and Game Controllers to expand

Right Click (with the mouse) each item that appears under here and choose Uninstall

Press OK to confirm the removal

After it finishes removing go ahead and reboot (turn the computer off and back on)

(Don't worry this will force your computer to re-install the Audio drivers from scratch upon reboot)

When it boots back into Windows after a minute or two check and see if you have sound.

I also went ahead and recorded these steps for you to make it easier to visually see what I am referring to.

If you run into any issues at all or youtube is still giving you any problems with audio please reply to me and I will be here until I get this fixed for you Laughing

http://screencast.com/t/alG9v4Hqx68

You can click the screencast link above to view the video I recorded for you to see my above steps

If you get stuck on anything I am here to help you in any way that I can.

Register Here

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated)

Register Here

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Couldn't do what you said. Comes up with properties

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Couldn't remove anything. comes,up stating properities

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Patricia, the rating was to be used once I solved your problem I am here until we get the sound back on. Would you mind if I remotely shared your screen to perform the steps for you?

If that's okay

https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true

Click the above link, A download should begin. If it asks at the bottom if you want to run or save choose Run

This will open the Join.me Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format 493-433-5466)

Reply to me with the 9 digit number
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Patricia did you also take a look at this below video that I made for you to see how to remove the driver?

http://screencast.com/t/alG9v4Hqx68

The windows key on the keyboard looks like this

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Patricia, I seem to have lost you. It's around 11:05pm est my time. I will be online around 9am est tomorrow morning to assist you in any way I can. If you have a moment please review my above steps and video one more time to make sure you did not miss any step to remove the driver.

Thanks for all your patience so far Patricia.

Jeremy
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi Patricia, I was writing to see if you made any progress with your sound? If I can help you in any way please let me know I am here

Register Here

Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Jeremy