Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Hi there...I need help asap...my husband has recently hacked

Hi there...I need help asap...my husband has recently hacked into my facebook...with help of paying someone who knows computers...and now I believe that he has gotten into my yahoo instant messenger....he had me bring up a conversation that I had with a man...probably about two weeks ago or so...and when I brought it up...the date showed last night...May 03 in the early minutes after 12. I DID NOT HAVE THIS CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT....it happened about 2 weeks ago...is it possible for someone to get into my yahoo mail and change the date....?????? If not...how do I bring up the conversations again so I can see the original date...as I deleted all my messages....I really need help as soon as possible...my husband is a raving lunatic....HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Michelle :

Hi this is Michelle and i will be assisting you.

Michelle :

let me know when you are online.

Customer: Hi Michelle. I am online. Pls help
Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

as you have indicated that someone is posting message from your facebook account on a back date?

Customer:

Hi Michelle....what happened was I was talking to a guy on FB...my husband knew someone and 'hacked' into my FB....this guy and I stopped gtalking about 2-3 weeks ago...except for the occasional comment from me...tonight my husband had me bring up my yahoo mail...and there was comments from me...from about 2 weeks ago...but the date was for last night...May 3...about 12... am...and I had messaged those words way back..not last night...my husband freeaked out...is it possible for an IT person to change the dates and if not...how do I retrieve the original messages..to prove that it was a while ago...as my husband and I just had a wonderful weekend together, trying to rebuild our 22 year marriage....help

Customer:

hi Michelle...are you there...I typed you a response...not sure how this works

Michelle :

yes i am

Customer:

thanks..

Michelle :

one more thing

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

was it yahoo email message or yahoo messenger chat

Customer:

we were talking on instant messenger....but when I signed in...it showed up on yahoo mail....and the weird things is that on my contacts...this It guy myhusband was talking to was gone and I hadn't deleted him and my husband and daughter were on as contacts...and I had not added them....and I would never have opened up my yahoo IM..if I thought my husband would find something that I was apparently hiding...that would be friggin stupid....

Customer:

my husband talked to someone at work today...so he had my just sign in on yahoo mail......but all my conversations were on 'instant messenger'

Michelle :

i got it now

Customer:

this is such a nightmare..

Michelle :

whether its yahoo or gmail every chat messenger has a default plugins to there emails linked directly. if you open yahoo messenger and yahoo email side by side you will see the conversation side by side on both screens.

Michelle :

this means if anyone knows your yahoo email password XXXXX person can see your chat windows on the email while you are chatting from another location using yahoo messenger chat

Michelle :

as far as the message posted earlier on the 3rd can be copied from the history chat file and must have posted the chat message on the email chat window

Michelle :

which appeared on the 3rd

Michelle :

i hope you are getting what i am trying to say.

Customer:

but how can it be that the comments I made were from about 2weeks ago...but showed up as last night...am I able to retrieve deleted messages to look at the dates again....and so....he could have someone hack into my yahoo...or not...I am so confused...........so someone could copy those lines.....and post them again as on may 3rd..instead of say April21? This is so difficult to understand...not being a computer person....my husband is never gonna believe me anyway...I just need some solid proof that when we went away for our anniversary weekend...April27 for 22 years....that I was being honest and that I haven't talked to this guys since then...my whole marriage is on the line!

Customer:

I really would like to be able to bring up the deleted conversations and pick the ones I am talking about...and just be able to show him the original date!

Customer:

and can an IT person...'hack' yahoo instant messenger or email

Michelle :

Hacking into means one can try getting into the account but no one can hack yahoo server where the messges or the history is saved till the time.

Michelle :

IT person cannot hack into yahoo server however there is one possibility still left to retrieve old messages

Michelle :

but only happens in special cases

Customer:

I need that......and how so

Customer:

my whole friggin life depends on this!

Customer:

I am not lying and I don't know how the hell this can happen

Michelle :

fbi or police request to yahoo data retrieval is only way to access the whole data history.

Michelle :

no one else can access your old yahoo data.

Customer:

wow...that really sucks..so I can't prove anything and I am literally screwed

Michelle :

The delete action is permanent. Once a conversation is deleted, it cannot be recovered. For this reason, Yahoo! Messenger asks for a confirmation each time before a conversation is permanently deleted.

If you have noticed that messages are missing from your archive, but you did not delete them, there is a small window of time in which we can attempt to recover the missing messages.

If you have noticed the deletion within the last 24 hours, please fill out the restoration form to initiate a recovery attempt.

Michelle :

Additional Information

The process of restoring your Conversation History or your Yahoo! Mail account will perform a restoration of both your Yahoo! Mail account and your Conversation History. Any messages received after the day and time you selected will not be included in the recovery, including messages received in both Messenger and Yahoo! Mail. For this reason we strongly encourage you to do one of the following for any messages received after that time:

• Forward emails to another email account, such as another Yahoo! Mail account, or Gmail or Hotmail.

• Print emails or instant messages that you want to save.

• Save emails or instant messages to your desktop as a text file.

Customer:

okay...but this message or like two to three lines...I am sure I deleted...and I have checked my account every day...and all of a sudden it showed up today as if I had done the message yesterday...I had deleted it! My husband is in corrections...and he kept saying to me....remember the profession I am in...and he knows many policeman..woman

Michelle :

if a message or chat is deleted can only be retrieved within 24hrs of time by filling the restoration form i attached on a link and it cannot be retrieved or requested by any one after that till its a special case.

Michelle :

requesting to the yahoo admin by a police man is not possible till its a criminal case so you must not worry that it can be retrieved

Customer:

but I WANT TO RETRIEVE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE .......to prove to my husband that I wasn't talking to this guy yesterday....but a few weeks ago.....there is something so wrong here and I don't know what to do....my f'ing marriage is on the line here....how can this happen...I am just so stumped and going crazy here

Michelle :

messages only within 24 hrs can be retrieved

Customer:

okay...so how can the date be wrong again?

Michelle :

the original message might have been saved by your husband on another computer

Customer:

you know...he did tell me he stored them and probably sent them to his work email

Michelle :

see if i save an old message of yours and resend it to you after 2 weeks when i resend it it will come with the present date

Michelle :

this is what has happened with your chat conversation

Customer:

and it may have been on facebook originally.....and you know what...I think that is what happened..because with that original message..i sent a picture of the 'river' I was at....but with the message on yahoo...there was no picture...

Michelle :

yes exactly

Customer:

and he originally hacked myfacebook...and saved all...I mean all the conversations....

Michelle :

absolutely correct

Michelle :

what he has done is resent messages from your old conversations that he might have saved at that time...and he has sent all these messages or maybe some parts of it with current dates

Customer:

now this makes perfect sense to me...but he will never admit it of coursse

Michelle :

yes of course..all men are like that

Michelle :

being married myself i totally understand what you are going through and all i can say is that just be brave....its not always the wife who is at fault

Michelle :

i am relieved that you have understood logically what was done with those messages so that you know yourself that who played around with the messages...and from now on please ensure you keep complex passwords that no oe can gues and you do not share them with anyone

Customer:

okay...I understand totally now...and you know...I haven't given my password XXXXX anyone...but Thankyou Michelle...how do I save this...especially the last part of the conversation

Michelle :

this conversation remains in your just answer acoc**t

Michelle :

anytime you wish to reopen this chat simply open the email from just answer

Michelle :

click on view answer and this chat will reopen

Michelle :

you can always post me a message anytime you need my help or want to talk

Customer:

my husband wants to know...can youlook in my yahoo history from midnight....May 3 from midnight....what conversations did I have....can you see what I wrote or who I wrote to

Customer:

and how do I contact you personally....can you email me atXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Michelle :

i am sorry but i cannot view your email due to security reasons

Michelle :

i will give you my profile link

Michelle :

save it with you

Customer:

can I give you my permission

Michelle :

save this link

Michelle :

what i can do is i can take a remote access of your computer

Michelle :

if that suits you

Michelle :

else you can always contact me again on my profile link

Michelle :

let me know if you have any questions

Michelle :

if your question has been answered and you are satisfied with my service please click on a smiley below to rate my service

Michelle :

else in case the above information was not helpful,instead of rating bad or poor please let me know so that i may assist you further on the issue.

Customer:

I don'tknow how to save your info..i am a nurse and totally computer illiterate...obviously...please email me or text message me if you can...thankyou so much Michelle ...you were a great help

Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors