Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.

How do I get into a gmail address Ive had for 12 years, but

How do I get into a gmail address I've had for 12 years, but have not used in 8 months? I cannot remember my password, or email address of 5 people, but I do have a rare-named pet that does not work either.

Dan :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, I would be happy to help you today. Do you remember if you used a second email address as a backup to your Gmail address when you set up the account?

I did not set up a second email account. We used my cell phone to text when password XXXXX arose.

Dan :

Okay now I understand. The only way to retrieve your password XXXXX reset it, is by using the backup contact resource when you first setup the account. Normally Gmail will mark the account dormant anywhere from three to nine months of inactivity. Did you try the password XXXXX page from Gmail just to see if you might get lucky? If not I would be happy to direct you to it.

Yes, I did try the password XXXXX page. It only asked me the secret question "first pet's name". I never could get the wavy letters box that always worked before!

Dan :

Those boxes can be difficult to read that's for sure. Since Gmail is a free service provided by Google, they offer little if any technical support. I am including the last known address and phone numbers I have for you in the hopes you will be able to re-establish your account.

Dan :

Google (Gmail) Contact Information

600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043. Phone: 1(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN&(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

Thanx Dan -I thought as much, but the wavy letters are easier to read, than a phone number

is to get online! my MS fingers must be getting tired! Have a good year-Dusty

Dan :

Good luck and I hope you can make contact with them.