Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

I wanted to use Microsoft Word, but did not find it listed

I wanted to use Microsoft Word, but did not find it listed when I clicked "All Programs".
I ran a search to see if it was on my computer. I typed the word Winword.exe in search box and it gave me the following: Winword.exe C:/ProgramFiles/MicrosoftOffice/Office10
I clicked on Winword.exe to open Office10 folder. Came down to where it said "winword.exe". Clicked on "Open" and gave me the message "Microsoft Word has not been installed for current user. Please run application". So I reopened on Winword.exe again, but this time I clicked on "Run As". Where it says which account do you want to run this program, it had my name Oralia marked as the current user. I use Chrome instead of Internet Explorer. When I start my computer it has the word "Aministrator" and below it I type in my password. My question is: Do I need to check mark on "Adminstrator" as well as my password, as the current user and will this solve my problem? I have Microsoft Windowa XP. If this will not solve my problem let me know what I should do. Thanks
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

It does look like your Office program has gotten corrupt somehow, and needs to be repaired/reinstalled. Do you have your Office installation disk with you now? Please let me know; thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. Now, please go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs; is MS Office listed there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see it listed.

Please look carefully; it should be listed as Microsoft Office <version>. Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Only thing listed is:

Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1

Microsoft.NETFramework 2.0, service pack 2

Micrsoft.NETFramework 3.0, service pack2

Micrsoft.NETFramework 3.5, SP1

Microsoft Security Essentials

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Now, since MS Office doesn't show up in the Control Panel, it indicates that it has not been installed in your system. It might have been installed earlier, but subsequently removed; hence, you are seeing those files on your system now.

However, I would suggest you download and use OpenOffice, a FREE alternative to MS Office, using the following link:

You will be able to create and open all of your Word documents just fine, using OpenOffice itself.

If you do want to continue using MS Office, however, you may want to upgrade to the very latest version of Office 2013 (Home and Student version) using the following link:

Hope it helps. Do let me know if there's anything else I could assist you with. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much for your help. Will look up the websites you listed.

No problem! You may just rate my answer below now. Thank you!