Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

how do i connect my computer to my sony bravia kdl46vl150 tv to recieve and record shows a

how do i connect my computer to my sony bravia kdl46vl150 tv to recieve and record shows and to play things like netflix from my computer to the tv. I am using comcast.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

Is it a Desktop or laptop computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

desktop, but i also have a laptop.

Thanks for the information, do you want to use both your desktop monitor and TV , as a display output source of the PC or just the TV ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. You will require three things to connect the Tv with the desktop.
One for capturing shows from the TV and another to see the video on your TV from your PC.

The first one will be a capture card, which can be internal or external , you have to install the capture card in your desktop and then connect the TV with that card and the second thing, you will require a display card with HDMI port (if no HDMI port is present in your Desktop), this is a generally a internal card and the third thing will be a HDMI cable, to connect the TV with the PC.

These three things are easily available in any computer store.

Here are some pictures.

Internal Capture card.

External Capture card
Display card with HDMI port.

HDMI cable

Please let me know, if you need any further informations, otherwise if you are satisfied with informations, then remember to give positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that information for the laptop too?

Can you tell me the model and make of the laptop, so that I can check the specification of it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

toshiba - satellite m105-s3051

OK, if you want to connect the laptop with the TV, your laptop does not have an HDMI port, so you have to buy a S-Video cable or VGA cable, which ever is supported by your TV.I will not recommend you to buy another capture card, as you can copy the recorded video from the desktop and play it on your laptop or if you buy an external capture card, then you can use it with both desktop and laptop.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'v never opened a computer. can you tell me how to install the display card?

Do you have already have the display card with you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can give you the instructions, but if you have not opened any computer before, then I will not recommend you to do so, because I cannot see your PC and if you damage something, then you will be in big trouble, so it will be better (it is little bit difficult though) to take the tower part of the PC to the store, from where you will buy the card and request them to install the card, any small shop will do this without any charges, I do not know anything about the large shops, they may charge a little for the job.

Please let me know, what you want to do ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i'm going to go shopping. thanks for the help. can i contact you again if i need help?

You can post another question and request me, if I am able to help in that issue, then I will definately do that, you can click the link below and post the question there.

Please remember to rate my answer.