Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I am using a PC with my samsung Galaxy s3 and using the KIES

I am using a PC with my samsung Galaxy s3 and using the KIES sync software, not wireless but direct usb cord connect to my computer and my outlook calendar is not being transferred to my phone calendar. I look in the sync folder and it shows that the sync for outlook calendar is on . I think the problem could be that I need to add the outlook calendar file to the KIES software but I can't figure out how to do that if the file that is currently there is not the right one. There is a file there but my guess is that it is not the correct one.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

If you make an appointment on the phone, does it appear on the Computer after a Synch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, if I add something to my outlook calendar it does nto show up on my phone after sync
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which version of Outlook are you using Ken?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
outlook 2010
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank Ken

On the phone, go to Settings, Applications Manager, and look under ALL for Calendar.

Press it and press Clear Cache.

then restart the phone, connect it to the computer and synch.

Tell me if the appointments now come across.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is zero cache and the cache button is disabled
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you clean Data then please Ken.

Then look under ALL for Google Services Framework.

Press it and press Clear Data

Then restart the phone and try to synch the calender.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I deleted all data in calendars and then turned off and back on and tried to sync and there was a error in the KIES import but the error message didn't say anythign usefull, just error on sync.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, the firmware on the phone is likely corrupted.

We need to do a Factory Reset. Is there any data that we need to backup first ie: Photos, Contacts ect as this will wipe off all data and return the phone to new.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that will delete all my apps as well right? I really hate to do that and reset everything.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will remove the Apps and you will need to download them again from the Play Store (you do not pay again), but if Kies is erroring it will likely be an issue with the phone.

We will need to rule this out, else look at an alternative tool Ken.

This is one such tool

Click Me

If you wish to proceed with the reset in place of using the tool.

After backing up in Kies, disconnect the phone from the computer.

Go to Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Reset and complete this.

Once done, setup the phone and it should then synch.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tried again and it worked this time. We will see if it is fixed . Maybe the deleting all the data did it. Not sure what else I did.