Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have been unable to upload photos (am familiar with similar

I have been unable to upload photos (am familiar with similar setup for attachments on email, etc., not sure why it's not working here). Also, how do I save a draft? and will I have a chance to view my writeup before it is actually posted?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please which email program you are using?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

gmail

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Anne,

Internet Explorer can be the issue.

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Restart your computer and tell me if you can then attach a file (the paperclip at the bottom).

To save a Draft, you just close the window (click X) and Gmail saves it to the Drafts Folder (on the left).

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm confused by your response. I need info for craigslist. ??

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Anne, it appeared you were referring to Gmail.

The problem then is Craigslist. What error do you get when you try to upload?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I select browse, choose photo, click on "open" but photo doesn't upload.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then ti can still be an issue with internet explorer and I would like you to do those steps please Anne.

Restart the computer and try to upload a photo.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't find "internet options" in gear tool--listed are: display density, settings, theme, send feedback & help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is listed here as you using Internet Explorer.

Is this the case or are you using a different Internet Browser? and if so which one?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, Internet Explorer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is there, so can e part of the problem that you do not see it.

Can you click click Start, type in %temp% and press enter.

In the new window, delete all the files and folders listed there.

Once done, click this link please and download and run the file to reset Internet Explorer

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646978

Once you have run this, restart the computer and try to upload.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

. . . I just tried to attach a photo in gmail and it uploaded fine ??

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, the issue was Internet Explorer Anne, either a Temporary File or a setting we needed to reset (that corrupted).

It will be ok now.

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

. . . but still unable to upload photos in craigslist!!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then it can be an issue with the server you are connecting to.

Are you able to confirm this Anne by trying from another computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, I don't have another computer--why would I be able to attach photo to email with this server and not craigslist?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is why it is not your computer Anne that is the problem.

If you were unable to attach photos, it would be for all sites (including Gmail).

How long have you had the problem for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

... only since yesterday, when I tried to upload photos on craigslist. What do I do now?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Download and install Google Chrome which is similar to Internet Explorer

you can download it here

Click Me

Install and run it and log into Craiglist and tell me if in this you can upload a photo please Anne.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

. . . hooray, that worked :)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!

It is an issue with Craigslist and your version of Internet Explorer.

Use Google Chrome and you will be ok.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry