Simit, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  6 Years of experience in Computer, Networking, and Phone Systems.

Good morning:My name isXXXXX and I have been using

Good morning: My name isXXXXX and I have been using Magic Jack for a couple of years now. My phone number is: XXX-XXX-XXXX. I have been reassigned to Costa Rica for a couple of months and would like to continue using my Magic Jack to call the States. How do I go about getting that done?

Simit :

Hello. Please let me know when you are ready.

What speed is your internet service?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a little trouble navigating through your system but I think I am ready now.

What is the speed of your internet service?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no Idea. But I think it is Broadband.

Was MagicJack working OK when you were in the US?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, because in Palo Alto we have wireless in the whole city.

I want you to run a speedtest to make sure your internet connection is OK. Please go to the link below, and just click on one of the locations listed, and tell me what the results are:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Upload speed 0.23 mbps.

Download speed 0.10 mbps.

That's going to be your problem right there. You Internet connection is too slow for MagicJack. Your upload speed is just barely enough(That's why they were able to hear you), but your download speed isn't quite enough(Which is why you can't hear them.

Your upload and download speeds need to be around .25 mbps each in order for MagicJack(Or really any other VoIP service) to work properly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What are my alternatives?

Sadly, with an Internet connection that slow, your only options are going to be to contact your ISP to see if you can upgrade the service to a faster speed, or to have them check if there's an issues with your connection that is causing the connection to be so slow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will do that and let you know what their answer is.

Thanks for your help and expect to hear from me soon.

You're welcome. If I answered your question, please don't forget to click the ACCEPT button. Any bonuses and feedback are greatly appreciated.