Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have an online game. I downloaded and installed an update

I have an online game. I downloaded and installed an update to the game but the game is not recognizing the update. help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Which game is it that your having issues with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The game is called astonia3.5 its not very popular

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Astonia3.5

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Greg,

While I havent played that game specifically, ive been an avid PC gamer for years and have dealt with a lot of various installation issues over time.

The best thing to do since your having issues updating..

is to go to your control panel, uninstall programs, and then uninstall Astonia ..

Once uninstalled, restart your computer..

And then go to the link below and download a fresh ( and fully updated copy ) of the game..

http://www.astonia.com/download.shtml#astonia

Download and install a fresh copy

The fresh download will include the newest version that the update would have given you..

Let me know if you run into any issues installing it, or running the game. And if you do run into any issues send me the details of what issues you run into, and I will continue to assist you as needed.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your help so far, i will try this.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Greg, and im here if you run into any issues..

Reply as needed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The game is installed. Now, when i open the client it automatically sends me to a blank web page with a download link for the update. i downloaded and istalled the update but the client still transfers me to the page.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
To be clear. Did you run through the uninstall process first, using revo?

And after downloading and installing the update... can you try restarting the computer once and then trying again... Sometimes it just needs a restart to get the update finalized.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Revo? I just rich clicked and uninstalled. Just restarted the comp again and having the same issue.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, lets uninstall the program using the Revo uninstaller program...

You can download thefree version of the program from here.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

Once downloaded and installed.. Use revo to remove astonia..

It will run a normal removal first, and when its finished, click advanced and then scan in the revo window.

When it finds more files, select all and delete all..

Once its completely removed using revo.. reinstall it again..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I completely uninstalled all astonia items. reinstalled and restarted comp. But the client is still sending me to the web page.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Did you uninstall Astonia, using the revo uninstaller program?

Or just a normal windows uninstall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I used the revo program you recommended, and followed your step by step instructionsz

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay Greg.. I was trying to download and install the game myself, and see if I ran into any issues.

Question, when you installed the game the downloaded file was it called astonia35.exe?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes yes

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hmm.. The update isnt installing for me either... if you dont mind Greg, let me have some time to work on this on my end.. Since the same thing is happening for both of us, If i can get it to install on my machine.. Then ill know what to do on yours..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alright.. Thanks for the help. Let me know if you find a solution please.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
As soon as I figure it out and get the update installed, ill be sure to let you know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know you got a life probably but the sooner the better thanks

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, i believe ive got it figured out.

right click the shortcut icon for astonia..

then click properties.. You should see this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Astonia35\moac.exe"

On that line, I want you to add one space then a -u

then piut one more space and then type in your astonia account number.

Then, one more space, and then -p

one space and then type in your password, then click apply on that window.. Click ok, and then try to start the game again...

(the entire line i want you to type out should look something like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Astonia35\moac.exe" -u(NNN) NNN-NNNN-p mypassword

Try that, and it should try to load up and let you enter the server.. let me know if you run into any issues making this change to the shortcut icon..

thanks Greg,

Dustin S.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Hi Greg, this is Dustin from JustAnswer.

I helped you to get Astonia working after the errors caused by the 3.5 update.

I just wanted to reach out to you to offer my assistance in the future, should you run into any further computer or software issues.

Thanks Again,

Dustin S.