Danh, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years Systems Administrator

can you tell me how to open the all-in-one so I can get the

can you tell me how to open the all-in-one so I can get the NVIDIA card out?
It apparently started behaving erratically with no apparent cause. The computer shuts down each day and cannot find the card. I have tried uninstalling the driver as well as the card.sometimes it comes back ... sometimes not. I am beginning to think the card is loose or defective.
Any insight would be VERY appreciated!
Whats the model number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The graphics card in that type of computer is a mobile one...not your run of the mill PCI-express that can be replaced. It is going to be integrated onto motherboard, which means the entire board would need to be replaced. These all in ones are like laptops...the only things that end users can replace are hard drives and memory. If you still want to crack it open, remove all the screws ... lay it face down ... and pry and lift from the bottom up ... the back is firmly snapped on. It's pretty delicate work, and without the right tools, will almost certainly scratch the edges.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you have any clue as to why my computer is acting so strangely?

Where do you see errors stating that it cannot find the card?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in the control panel under device manager ... it says the display adapter is not working properly. When I uninstall the driver the NVIDIA adapter disappears completely.

correct, if you uninstall the adapter, it will disappear until a reboot, at which time, it should redetect it.

Did you do anything like windows updates or install anything before the problem started?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't believe so. I added a wireless trackball but I removed that thinking it was the problem. Things just keep getting worse. Now when I boot up it only sees the standard graphics adapter. I even tried uninstalling that but it just reinstalled upon reboot.

you probably need to just update the drivers. Click on the following link...then click under video. There are three different chipsets for your model. Pick the driver that is closest to the video card you think you have, and install it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried updating the NVIDIA driver ... I get the message that the driver is up to date.

I went to the link you gave me but it only lists INTEL drivers. I am trying to get the NVIDIA driver/card to work. Are they the same?

The only model they have on their website is for an VGC-LT10E ... is that yours? Are you sure it's nvidia? The only chipsets for you model are intel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I am confused about the model number. The number on my computer is PCG-281L but when I try to look that number up Sony directs me to model VGCLT10 ...

Yea..I think one is the US version and the other is UK. Even so i don't see any nvidia drivers. Are you sure you have an nvidia chipset? I would try the first Intel driver and see of that sorts out the problem. If not try the next one and so forth. One of them has to be it.