Danh
Danh, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years Systems Administrator
31918883

I have just installed a B75M-DGS motherboard and Celeron G1610.

I have just installed a B75M-DGS motherboard and Celeron G1610. The PC will just not start. It fires up and the fans start and then it switches off within a few seconds with no video output. What is the most likely cause? Should I reset the BIOS?
If it powers off then it sounds like the CPU. Make sure CPU fan is seated properly and spinning.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thany you. I have tried this. The fan is spinning and locked down.

Does it for any beeps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I get four beeps when switching on - then the cpu fan starts and then the pc shuts down.

4 beeps could mean memory problem. How many sticks of ram do you have installed? Remove all but one stick and try.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried one stick at a time putting each stick in each slot separately. I got four slow beeps and then a continous beep and no start each time. I put all the memory back and now I am back with four quicker beeps and then fans on and then switch off.

Disconnect everything except for CPU,CPU fan, and 1 memory in slot 1. NO drives, USB devices..not even the video card. Then see if the computer beeps change and if it stays powered on. Usually when the system powers off..something is telling the motherboard something is overheating and to shut down.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No beeps - cpu fan starts and then slows down but continues to spin.

...and computer stays on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Great .. now lets introduce only the video card to see if you get display now. If you do then, I suspect one of your memory modules is bad. If you get the beeps again after introducing the video card...something may be wrong with it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Video is Ok and the whole PC booted into windows and loaded some drivers. I closed and re-started and again all OK.

I think we can close this now and thank you very much. I bought two brand new memory sticks and I would not have thought of it. This is about the sixth or seventh PC I have built over many years and they have always worked first time.

Great! Please don't forget to click accept if you are satisfied with my answer.