Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I just purchased a Belkin KVM Switch (Model # XXXXX) to

Customer Question

I just purchased a Belkin KVM Switch (Model # XXXXX) to connect two computers to a single multi-media projector. The projector does not sense any input from either computer when the signal is run through the switch. When the projector is connected directly to either computer individually, everything works just fine. The computers are an iMac and a MacBook. Any suggestions?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Marco replied 1 year ago.

businesslegions :

Hi there,

businesslegions :

My name is Marco and Ill be assisting you with this issue.

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

I've only got a few minnutes before I'm locked out of the auditorium I'm in.

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

Anybody there?

businesslegions :

yes

businesslegions :

does the green light just above the belkin come one when you connect the imac to the projector

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

no

businesslegions :

please try connecting the USB for keyboard and mouse

businesslegions :

sometimes it requires usb for power

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

I'm not going to be able to do that now. I've just been forced to power down so the room can be locked.

businesslegions :

ok no problems

businesslegions :

try it next time the room is available

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

I can try the usb connector in the morning. I will not be able to use the sound jack. That's being used to feed an independent speaker system

businesslegions :

sound jack is fine

businesslegions :

it's not really needed

businesslegions :

it's only usb

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

I'll be back in the morning. What time zone are you in?

businesslegions :

also is the mac os 10.3 or higher?

businesslegions :

i'm based in Australia

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

Happy Thursday to you. :-)

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

Yes. One is Snow Leopard and the other is Snow Lion

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

The iMac is 10.6.8

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

Whom should I contact in the morning?

businesslegions :

just leave me a message here

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

It will be very early in the morning in Oz

businesslegions :

and i'll connect with you

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

I'll try the USB ports in the morning.

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

Gotta go.

businesslegions :

ok

JACUSTOMER-9wzcr203- :

G'night!

businesslegions :

ok

businesslegions :

make sure also the mouse and keyboard is connected to the belkin