Barun, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience in providing support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.

How do I get rid of the unwanted program "PC Health Boost" I

How do I get rid of the unwanted program "PC Health Boost"
I have tried to use the uninstall page of the Control Panel but the program is not listed there.
I have tried the program" XL Delete" but that fails because PC Health is stil running.
I have trie to prevent that program form running but it does not allow that.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

"PC Health Boost" is a rogue program, which will show unsolicited ads and popups on the user's computer to trick them into thinking that their computer has several issues, and into purchasing their paid application, which will supposedly fix all these "issues".

In order to get rid of it, please download a FREE anti-malware program, as follows:
(Download the free version)

Run and install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then open it up. Run a "Quick" system scan using the program, and select and remove ALL security threats detected.

Restart your computer; this should take care of the issue all right.

Hope it helps. Do let me know if there's anything else I could assist you with. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

I have followed your iinstructions and downloaded and ran the Malware program. It has found and removed 44 adwares but not the PC Health Booster!.

This rogue program still runs automatically.

What do I do next?

Did you make sure to restart your computer as well, after running the program?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay. May I remote in to your computer now, and take a look at the issue for you? Do let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, That would be fine.

However, I have other commitments today and tomorrow morning..

I will not be availble until tuesday afternoon.

I hope you will be able to proceed then.

Please send me an Email when you are ready to start.

I see, not a problem. We may continue later on at your convenience, if needed. As for the remote session, I'll make sure to resolve the issue remotely as soon as possible, so if you have about 15-20 minutes to spare now, we could start the session. Else, just drop me a message when you are ready to continue tomorrow, and I'll set up the remote session for you then.

Also, you might want to run a "Full" system scan (I assume you ran the "Quick" scan) using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and check if it's able to detect and remove the malware that way.

Do keep me posted. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

I have now managed to get rid of PC Health Booster by re-using XL Delete.

So it is now time to close this chat.

I see, that's great news :) I would still suggest you to go ahead and carry out a FULL system scan using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, since doing just the QUICK scan found 44 security threats (that's a lot!) in your system. Additionally, if you would like me to remote in to your computer and make sure that everything's just as it should be, do let me know.

Please let me know if I could be of any further assistance with anything else. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

The malware program on "Full" reported NO threats.

I would be happy to have you remote my computer.

Please show me how.