Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
8287049

hello can you help me

hello can you help me

Techie_Ben :

Hello. Thank you for the question. How can I help you?

Customer:

are you there

Techie_Ben :

Yes

Customer:

are you the tech to answer question on mgicjack

Techie_Ben :

Yes I can. How can I help you?

Customer:

ok I have a basic MagicJack and I have to renew my yearly contract but before I do that I need to know if I can renew on my new comptuer I bought with window 8 also should I get instead MagickJack Plus is it a better system. Thank you

Techie_Ben :

Yes, you can activate Magic Jack on your Windows 8 machine without any problem.

Customer:

are you there I can get a big screen to see your reply

Techie_Ben :

As for MagicJack Plus, it depends on your usage. Do you keep your computer running most of the time?

Customer:

I can see your reply please help

Customer:

I cannot see your reply sorry

Techie_Ben :

Please give me a moment, I will switch the question to Q&A mode so you can read the replies. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please you didn't answer my questions

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I'm sorry if you did not see my reply in the chat. I've switched the question to Q&A mode and will provide the answer again:

1) There are no issues with activating your MagicJack if you upgrade to Windows 8 or switch to a machine using Windows 8.

2) You can continue to use MagicJack, or upgrade to MagicJack Plus. MagicJack Plus will allow you to use your MagicJack when your computer is not running by plugging it in to your router or modem.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist further. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you sorry for not being clear. I'm not sure how Mgic Jack Plus work would it be better for me i'm travelling a lot an use a WIFI most of the time

If you are traveling, the MagicJack plus will probably not be much of a benefit. The benefit to MagicJack Plus is that no computer is required, because you can hook it up to a router or modem. But when traveling, you are typically using hotel Wi-Fi and do not have access to plug in to their router/modems (all the hotel typically provides is Wi-Fi and maybe an ethernet cable). I hope that answers the question. Otherwise, I'll be here if you have more. Thanks again!