Danh, Senior Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years Systems Administrator

Im trying to hook up a Panasonic camera #BL-C210A to a 2Wire

I'm trying to hook up a Panasonic camera #BL-C210A to a 2Wire 3801HGV Router. Can't seem to make it work. Any Ideas? Camera needs UPnP access.
You first have to hook up the camera directly to the router with a network cable to configure it. So do that first...then run the camera setup software. It should be able to detect it and then allow you to configure it for wireless access to your router. Once you've got it setup for wireless then you can disconnect it from the router and put it where you want.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried all that. Doesn't seem to want to connect through PPnP which is required.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

Is this a brand new camera? Let's try a factory reset to see if it detects the camera after that. With the camera powered on...push on the green button underneath for about 10-15 seconds.

Then after it resets, see if the software can detect it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can read the camera locally on my computer but can't get the system to get it remotely.I'm using It doesn't seem to be able to get through the routers firewall. I used Port Forwarding program but that didn'r work. your problem is getting to connect the camera from the internet? From your description, it sounded like you couldn't connect to the camera at all.

Please confirm that you are only needing to connect the camera to the internet for remote access at this point.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok...great. Can you get into the camera setup from your computer now? I'm looking for the port number that the camera currently uses when you connect to it. Would you happen to know this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

80 we need to log into the router to check some configurations. Do you know how to log into the 2wire router admin page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Http:// XXXXXXXXXX that the ip address of your computer or the ip address of your router?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Router I think

let's double check...goto start => in the search bar, type network and sharing => click on network and sharing center that shows up in the search

Then click on change adapter settings on the left side ... then double click on your network adapter ... then click details ... look for your ipv4 default that back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago. click on this url to access the router admin page:

you'll need the admin login and may be listed on the side of the router if you don't know what it is. Let me know once you've logged in.

You'll also need to know the ip address of the camera, so have that handy as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago. click on the settings tab at the top...then click on firewall.

Under select a computer ... choose your ip camera if listed ... if not, enter the ip address of it.

Then at the bottom click on add new a user defined application

Under application name, call it IP camera

Leave protocol on TCP

Under port range ... you want 80 to 80

Leave protocol timeout blank

Leave map to host blank

Under application type, choose web or http

Then click back

After that...look for IP camera in the list of applications and click add

AFter that, save

Let me know when done.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now click here:

Right down your IP address that it reports on the that back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Did it work? If so, please don't forget to click accept.