Chris
Chris, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  I have been running a retail Information Technology department for 8 years and working in IT for 13 years.
45592864

I have Windows XP. I do not know, which outlook I have.

Customer Question

I have Windows XP. I do not know, which outlook I have. When I look at mij mail, the computer gives only: Microsoft Outlook. Since today, the computer gives many times a window, which ask for my networkpassword. The wondow comes every time again. When I have opened my inbox and go to "Extra - E-mailaccounts - testing account setups" sometimes the computer gives "no failures" en sometimes the computer gives: "announcement at server for incoming mails failed; Your postoffice at the server is in use." I only work on my computer. (not mobile, etc.) When I send a mail to myself, I get the message, that there is a failure in sending, but the mail comes in my mailbox. It takes sometimes a long time. I have spoken to mij provider: "Telfort", but they do not see strange things. They said, that I have to go to You. Hopefully You can help me. Thank You so much and with kind greetings, NicoXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Nico,

My name is Chris. The issue you are having appears to be your pop3 settings in your outlook. The information I need to get this fixed is:

Your domain name that you use for email (@gmail) or whichever it is.

The information you need is your username and password.

Please get back to me with your information and I will advise on incoming and outgoing ports to use.

Thanks.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

Name for e-mail is "NHeuer"

E-mailadres: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Username: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Password: Do you need this?

Incoming mail: pop3.telfort.nl

Outgoing mail: smtp.telfort.nl

Is this sufficient?

Greetings Nico Heuer

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Go to Tools

Click on Accounts

Delete everything in there that you have.

Then click Add, or New Account

Click on pop3 to add.

Put in your credentials as it asks and leave the default ports as they are. Please get back to me and let me know if it works. Test the settings and reply back with any errors you get. Here is an example of how it looks:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

I had already done, what You advise, but I did it again.

In my case: "Extra - E-mailaccounts"

Unfortunallity the window with the question: "Give your networkpassword", stays coming on my screen.

Greetings Nico Heuer

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Have you verified with your provider that your account is not locked out? Also do you have the box checked that the server requires authentication in the set up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

It is now evening in the Netherlands.

So I cannot reache my provider now, but before I came to You, I had contact with my provider and he said, that all was okay.

I have send mails to myself a short time ago and they did arrive!!

On my computer all is in Dutch, so I have to translate it and I hope, that I do that good.

It can be, that I do not understand Your second question.

When I put the button: More settings and look at: "server for outgoing mail", than I have written: Same settings as ingoing mail.

Greetings, Nico

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Outgoing is where you use the smtp address and try it. If that doesn't work, try checking the "my server requires authentication" box. Smtp default port is 587.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can get a window, that is simular as above, but it is not fully the same.

When I push: More settings: I get a window: "Settings for e-mail.

Pagina: :server for outgoing e-mail: Radio-button: "same settings as incoming mail" is marked. (green colorred). There other possibilities:

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Uncheck the same settings for outgoing email and put in the smtp address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris,

The problem is not, that my mail does not work.

The problem is, that i get a window, that asks for my password for my network.

I never had a network in outlook or elswhere. My provider thinks, that I accidently changed settings of windows or of outlook. The computer "thinks", that I have a network. So I told you: I have Windows XP.

Is it possible, that there the problem is?

Greetings, Nico

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
I apologize Nico. Is this the login prompt when you boot up the computer, or when you go to check your email? I just want to make sure I have the right information. Thanks.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Chris,

Where can I see the login prompt, that you mean above?

Greetings, Nico

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Nico,

I just need to know where you are having trouble. Where is this login coming up that you don't want?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

17-04-2013:

Some days before, I have gotten the message, dat the time over was and I was asked to fill in a formular.

My answer was, that I was very disapointed, because my problem was not solved and that I hoped, that there is no charge for me.

That is also why I have given to you a very low rating.

Greetings, Nico Heuer

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for that Nico, I don't know if it was the language barrier here, or what the deal was, but I could never get to the root of your question. Have a good day.

Chris