Waitongu2, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  6 Years Hardware Support. I break them so i can fix them

I use a PHONAK ComPilot to connect the computer to my hearing

I use a PHONAK ComPilot to connect the computer to my hearing aids. I'd prefer to use this mecanism with the Skype. The Phonak instrument has a microphone in it as it transmits to my cell phone, but the cord to the computer is bi pole plus ground.

What is required to use this set up with Skype?

Thank you.
The easiest way is to connect the 3.5mm jack (may have a green stripe) to the headphone jack port (with headset symbol next to it.) then connect the other end of the 3.5mm jack into the Phonak jack port.this is the cable I am referencing.
please let me know if this is something you would be able to do.

Once connected this way when you go to skype it will stream to phonak device.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't connect to a headphone. The connection should be from the computer port, either USB or phone jack (3.5 mm) to the Phonak BlueTooth ComPilot. The ComPilot then connects to the hearing aids wirelessly. I don't want to use the headphones, but the hearing aids in my ears.

I see.
in that case we will need to connect the USB if you have one from the computer to the Phonak bluetooth. If you have a model number I can look it u and give you more specific instructions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Phonak ComPilot:

Bluetooth ID B017822

Edwin, Thanks for this. Does you computer have bluetooth capabilities? If you are not sure you can give me the make and model and i can check for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No It's an old Dell. Maybe that's what I'll have to do, get a new computer.