Marco
Marco, IT Consultant
Experience:  10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.
72952988

I am getting a message : the program cant start because api-ms-win-do

I am getting a message : the program can't start because api-ms-win-downlevel-version-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. My computer came with windows 7 pre-installed. I can't find the program on my computer, in order to reinstall it. This happened after a Windows update Help Margaret X

businesslegions :

Hi there,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

businesslegions :

If you have Windows 7 x64 bit then download the file form here and follow the instructions <click here>

businesslegions :

Just remember to make a backup copy of the original file

businesslegions :

It appears you're currently offline. If the solution I provided you works please rate my services. If not, please leave me a message here and I'll come back to this chat once I receive the notification.

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

my e

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

this isn't working for me. I can' t download from the link because the security system is blocking it and I can't obtain the security system because I can't get into internet properties. I don't even know if this email will go because live mail, amongst other programs, won't run. This isn't your fault but I am hooped. Please refund my money except the five dollar deposit.

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I was off line because I thought you were going to text me.

businesslegions :

unfortunately we can't text

businesslegions :

using SMS

businesslegions :

let me try it another way to send you the file

businesslegions :

see if you can download it from here: <click here>

businesslegions :

just click download

businesslegions :

file

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

No, it was blocked as well.

businesslegions :

same error message?

businesslegions :

do you have firefox or chome browser installed

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I have had both. I am using Google chrome right now. Not sure about firefox.

businesslegions :

Can you try using Internet Explorer

businesslegions :

to download the file

businesslegions :

just type this in the url: http://wikisend.com/download/787648/api-ms-win-downlevel-version-l1-1-0.zip

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I am not sure what you mean by same error message. I get a little window which says api-ms-win-downlev..zip failed - blocked

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

with internet explorer i get the error message the program can't start because api-ms-downlevel-version-l1-1-0.d;; is missing from your computer

businesslegions :

I see

businesslegions :

ok try this file: <Click here>

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I can't type in a url because I only have one box for internet and I am afraid I will lose the connection with you if i delete this www.justanswer.com to type in a different url

businesslegions :

press Control and T it will open another tab

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

okay i did that. It gives me the same download (picture with the grass and blue sky and my %#@% security settings are still blocking it when I try to download

businesslegions :

you must have your security settings set to high

businesslegions :

you might want to try using firefox because it doesn't use the same security settings as IE or chrome

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I didn't think so. The trouble is I can't find how to get at them to adjust them because this window I have for chatting with you is unfamiliar to me and it doesn;t have the tool bars and stuff that I would use to get to internet options. It just has a long box for the url and then at the rightmost there is a star. I tried the menu (three horiz. bars) to the right of the star but I don't see options that would lead me to security settings.

businesslegions :

if you press the alt button

businesslegions :

it will display the menu

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

. I pressed it but nothing happened. Alt button by itself?

businesslegions :

yes

businesslegions :

do you see a button with 3 lines

businesslegions :

at the top right hand corner

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

on my keyboard?

businesslegions :

no on the browser

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

yes. I tried that earlier. I get a large menu: tools is on there but it doesn't lead me to anything that resembles internet or security options.

businesslegions :

if you click settings

businesslegions :

then show advanced settings

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

yes, i found advanced settings. now what?

businesslegions :

click content settings

businesslegions :

check if the options are mostly selected as (recommended)

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

incidentally I checked and I don't have firefox. I couldn't download it right now anyway because explorer isn't working. I don't think I can get it through this chrome thing, can I?

businesslegions :

yes

businesslegions :

Try this as well:Go to the Start menu > Control Panel.

1. Select Internet Options. This should open the Internet Properties window.

2. Select the Security tab.

3. Select Internet zone (globe icon).

4. Click the Custom level button. This will open the Security Settings window.

5. Scroll down to Downloads > File download.

6. Select Enable.

7. Scroll down the list further to Miscellaneous > Launching applications and unsafe files.

8. Select Prompt.

9. Click OK.

businesslegions :

if this doesn't work then i ran out of ideas

businesslegions :

you can download firefox by using chrome as well

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I looked at content. There is a long list of stuff starting with cookies...each of the different things on that long list (Cookies, images, javascript, etc).is marked with the "on" dot on the recommended line

businesslegions :

ok great

businesslegions :

then check the above internet option settings

businesslegions :

need to have launching application and unsafe files enabled

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I have a different program than yours. When I hit control panel I get a set of links for the internet which are under the heading of Network and internet. the links are connect to the internet, view network status and tasks, and choose homegroup and sharing options. which link should I use?

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

well, I too am stumped. I finally found an intenet options link and it won't work. Nothing happens when I click on it. Below it is an iwindows firewall link which does work.

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

I think I am going to have to take the om

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

computer to a store to have it fixed. Thanks for your help anyway.

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

Will you be refunding part of my money? I think I paid $38 dollars through Pay pal.

businesslegions :

If you could rate my services that would be great

businesslegions :

I can request for a refund

JACUSTOMER-9lu2kdh5- :

Thanks alot. You have been very very good. I think I must have acquired a virus or something because there are links and programs that just aren't working. AS for the money - if it means you don't get paid, forget the refund. I used quite a bit of your time and you were very patient.

businesslegions :

No problems I'll let the adminsitrators know. Thanks for your positive feedback.