Nimman
Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Many years experience. Diploma In Computer Engineering. CCNA , CCNP

I have MGI Photosuite III SE and operate with Windows 7---and

I have MGI Photosuite III SE and operate with Windows 7---and it HAS been working for a few years. Recently a computer virus was removed by a technician (may or may not be the culprit) but I can't get the program to work again, any suggestion? (FYI, when I discovered the problem, I tried all the suggestions for compatibility--I think) then deleted and reloaded the program a few times-----If it can't be fixed, is there a newer version that would?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nimman replied 1 year ago.

Nimman :

Hello there, Thanks for using Justanswer

Nimman :

What error do you get when you try to register ?

Customer:

I am thinking......I believe it says something like...unable to send or can't get online.........sorry, I removed it and don't recall

Nimman :

Actually its not compatible with Windows 7 . That is really an old software .

Nimman :

Currently there is no support from them also.

Nimman :

And there is only a little chance with the Version 4 also.

Customer:

So that would be why I couldn't register. Do they no longer make this software that will work on windows 7?

Nimman :

There are used ones on Amazon for 4 or 5 $s

Customer:

Do you know of any software, reasonably priced, that is similar-----it was great for me----I am in real estate and worked my own photos

Nimman :

Without registering most of the softwares will not work.

Customer:

is there no way to bypass that

Nimman :

Let me check if any latest version is available.

Nimman :

Please wait a minute.

Customer:

Which is closer to Windows 7-------XP or Vista? I have the program open and it is trying to make it compatible

Nimman :

Actually it was designed for Windows 98 and below.

Nimman :

It may work on Windows XP.

Nimman :

Have you tried Windows XP ?

Customer:

The comment.................."failure to send email"

Customer:

I don't have xp anymore

Nimman :

Right click on the Shortcut , Select properties . Go to compatibility tab. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for < Select Windows XP >

Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Many years experience. Diploma In Computer Engineering. CCNA , CCNP