pctech
pctech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ Years exp. CompTIA A+, Lenovo and Dell Certified.

I am attempting to install the Broderbund American Greetings

Customer Question

I am attempting to install the Broderbund American Greetings CreataCard program onto my Windows 7 computer. While installing the system locked up when installing the fonts. I went to the Broderbund site and was instructed to delete the partially installed program from my system. I have been trying to do this, but I continue to get locked out to the program. In other words, it won't let me either uninstall or install. Can you help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.

pctech :

Hello, I can assist you if you like. Have you tried any specialty programs to uninstall the app?

Customer:

No, I have not.

pctech :

Ok, I will send you a link to a program that is free and it will assist you in uninstalling the American Greetings program ok?

Customer:

That is great. Right now, my wife is calling me into dinner, so just send it to my email address.

pctech :

I cannot send it to an email address as that is not allowed here.

pctech :

But I will send it here within this chat session.

pctech :

Here is the link.

pctech :

http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html#none

pctech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 20+ Years exp. CompTIA A+, Lenovo and Dell Certified.
Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.
Please copy and paste that link into internet explorer.
Then download it. It will install the uninstaller.
Then it will run. Click on the app you want to uninstall and click on Uninstall and it will should take care of it.
After your done, if you still need assistance let me know.

Also once it is uninstalled, and you go to install it again, right click on the setup.exe and choose to run it in compatibility mode.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks again, Matt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Matt:

The uninstall still isn't working. I tried the download and the uninstall seemed to be working, but the program still remained. I ran it a second time and still it was there. Then I tried to reinstall and it began the install and hung up at 9% complete (while install true fonts). This is a bit better than the 2% block originally. Anything else we can try?

I had hoped to get this done this evening, but apparently you're somewhat busy right now. I will try again in the morning. Thanks for the help so far.

Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.
I almost acts like you might have a spyware or virus infection. Please download malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org, install and do a complete scan. It will take a little time. But once it is done we can then continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have Malwarebytes already installed on my computer and have run the full scan, with no discrepancies found. What next?

Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.
This is a good one. But rest assured we will fix it.

I would like you to try ccleaner from www.piriform.com

Download, install and run it please.
Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.
Once it is open, go to the Tools tab on the left, then choose Uninstall and try that one please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Matt:

I have installed the Registry Kit and tried to uninstall the CreataCard program from my computer, with the same results. I have come to the conclusion that there is some type of incompatibility between this 12 year old software and Windows 7. Thanks for trying and for the advice that you have offered. Sorry we could not come to a better conclusion. I think you can now close out this ticket.

Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry your not getting what you wanted. There are a couple of other things we could try if you want to continue. Just let me know. Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't think this can be resolved, so I am closing out the ticket. Thanks for your efforts.

Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I do understand. If you change your mind know that I am willing to continue. Please try this one final step and let me know. Download this tool from the link below, and try it out. These are instructions on how to remove the application. Thanks again.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5aoq7g6sjavlob639udee34gbvu5x5i
Expert:  pctech replied 1 year ago.
It was my greatest pleasure to assist you with your question today. If you ever need more help feel free to come back and ask for me, "pctech". Thank you again.
Sincerely,
Matt B.