Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

How do I download my photos from my computer to my nexus 7

How do I download my photos from my computer to my nexus 7 32gb all I can get on the nexus is web page not available DANGEROUS URL REMOVED%2Fgenerate 204. I have connected it to the usb.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

Connect it to the computer's USB port

Than on your computer, click Start, Computer

Look under computer for Removable Device. Your photos are in a folder called DCIM. You can copy them from her to your computer like you copy any file.

If you have difficulties, please review this tutorial

Click ME

If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not know how to look for a removable device, but I found lexus 7 on windows explorer and DCIM but was not able to down load to the lexus. I can get nothing on the lexus except that the web page is not available.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You copy and paste Richard the photos to the Nexus.

So go to the DCIM folder, right click a photo, select copy

Go to your windows desktop and right click, paste

Let me know if you still have difficulties please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I have now transfered some photos to the lexus but how do I view them all I can get is select Wi-Fi and select bthomehub2-sjhw

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Go to the Google Play Store

Download a free app called OI File Manager

Install and run it. It is like Windows Explorer

Go to the folder and press the picture and it opens

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not able to down load OI file manager.

Have not accessed the google play store (the white shopping bag)on your device with this account

still not able to access anything on the lexus except the wi-Fi whivh will not work.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, go to your list of Apps on the Lexus

Open the Gallery. Do you than see your photos?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I am not able to access the list of apps on the lexus as the only thing I can get is the Wi-Fi and although I get a good strength there is an authentication problem and I dont know how to do anything about it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem

Do you have a windows 7 or Vista computer already connected to wifi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have Windows 7 connected to Wi-Fi through BT hub, SSID BTHomeHub2 SJHW.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do this on the computer to get the wifi password

Click Start and type in

wireless networks

press enter

Right click on your wireless network and select Properties

Click on Security

Click in the Box Show Characters and you will see your wireless password XXXXX

Make sure please you are entering it exactly as it is displayed

eg: PASSword XXXXX XXXXX to passWORD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Click start where?

Are any of these any use?

WPA C99fc9c234

Admin key OQR9QOMN

Wireless pin 7829-2970

on the back of the hub

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, try

7829-2970

or

C99fc9c234

or

OQR9QOMN

Are any of these accepted?

Else Start is the windows logo button bottom left.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried clicking on start and right click gets me the control panel 8, this gives me the following options:-

add a wireless device to the network

manage the wireless network

add new hardware

set up a connection or network

non of these make any difference

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but did you try these codes for the password XXXXX?

7829-2970

or

C99fc9c234

or

OQR9QOMN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, the c99fc9c234 is the username

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
that is the wifi password, does the Lexus accept it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the lexus says the the BTHomeHub2 -SJHW is (saved,secured with WPA/WPA2) when selected it says it is seeking authentication then web page not available. and I cannot select any other things on the lexus.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
this is ok, you do not need to do anything more with Wireless as you are now connected.

Press the back button on the Nexus (the arrow) and go back to your home screen.

you can than use the Nexus as normal

let me know if you have difficulties please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no button on the back of the lexus only the start button and the volume on start up when I press the arrow all I get is a heading "connecting" and web page not available and at the bottom "cancel" which takes me to the "select Wi-Fi page so I cannot enter the lexus.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... what exactly happens when you connect on your BT network to connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I press the BT HomeHub2-SJHW I get BTHomeHub2-SJHW showing

signal strength Good

SecurityWPA/WPA2 PSK

Connecting

web page not available

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remove the power from the BT router and wait 5 minutes.

Put the power back in.

Hold on the BT network till a menu appears and choose Forget Network.

Than try to connect and let me know the results please Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My computer now does not get the internet so I now have to use my laptop what do you mean by hold on to the BT network until a menu appears and choose forget network then try to connect. My laptop is obviously able to receive a wireless connection, although my computer receives its internet through to mains electricity.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is on the Nexus you do this Richard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, this is now on my laptop the lexus is still the same the web page is not available.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We are fixing the Nexus right Richard?

But in all honesty, I am confused. We started by fixing the photos, which we did.

What are we fixing now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i too am confused. I think that under your instructions we have put my photos onto the Lexus but unfortunately I am unable to access them as I cannot open my lexus On pressing the start button I get a cross then a welcome screen on pressing the arrow the screen says "connecting"and web page not available

the web page might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address

here are some suggestions

check to make sure that your device has a signal and data connection

reload this web page later

view a cached copy of the web page from google

with

"cancel"

when I press cancelI get select Wi-Fi-

this has

BTHomeHub2-SJHW

saved, secured with WPA/WPA2

when this is pressedI get

BTHomeHub2-SJHW

signel strength good

security WPA/WPA2 PSK

Cancel Forget connect

pressing connect gets me back to connecting

web page not available

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Tell me the model number of the Lexus please Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sn d20kbc 126340 12

lexus 7 32gb

I think that I have got in if I can work out how to give the recovery email address without having a @ on the keyboard.

many thanks for your help it has not been easy