Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft and Apple Certified IT Engineer - 13 years experience with home users as well as small, medium and large businesses
65126503

Hi I am unable to see my website I keep getting this message:Firefox

Hi I am unable to see my website I keep getting this message:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

I have looked on the c panel and in the error logs it says:

[Thu Feb 07 18:10:54 2013] [error] [client 65.55.213.193] File does not exist: /home/soccerst/public_html/404.shtml

Please can you advise and fix the problem, thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue - can you let me know the URL of the domain in question?

Also - are you only seeing this issue when accessing via Firefox?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

soccerstatsbetting.co.uk, I believe this happens in more than just firefox

Hi Keith,

Thanks - have checked and similar issues on Google Chrome. I can reach other pages on the site ok so it appears to be an issue specifically with the home page.

Was anything specific changed when this started, was there a Wordpress update applied?

Can you let me know what version of WordPress is installed?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I dont think anything has changed, wordpress is up to version 3.5.1,

Hi Keith,

Thanks - to work out what has happened I think we'd need access to the wp-admin login on the website, would that be possible at all?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is that c panel or wordpress admin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://soccerstatsbetting.co.uk/home/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fsoccerstatsbetting.co.uk%2Fhome%2Fwp-admin%2F&reauth=1

username soccerstats

password XXXXX

Hi Keith,

Thanks - will check that and update you as soon as possible

Cheers

Steve
Hi Keith,

Am still working on this as want to be totally sure before looking at any changes - also, do you have a backup of the site at present?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i dont have a back up, and dont know how you get one either sorry

Thanks Keith - am setting up a test site here with similar code so that we don't make any unneccessary changes on the live site. Will assist with a backup plan as well once I've set this up in next few hours.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Steve

Hi Keith,

I've taken a backup of the site - and you can download it here

If you keep a copy of that somewhere safe then it will be able to recreate the site structure if required.

Working on the homepage loop right now

Cheers

Steve
Hi Keith,

Have a partial fix in place now - if you go to soccerstatsbetting.co.uk/home the page should display.

To fix the direct on soccerstatsbetting.co.uk will need FTP access to the site itself - would this be possible?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve, thanks for your work, is it the c panel that you need access to

Keith

Hi Keith,

Yes - should be able to work it out from there

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://cpanel.soccerstatsbetting.co.uk/

Username

soccerst

Password

F00tball11 (the 0's are numbers)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve, please can you also look at the affiliate page, I have had the following e mail from an affiliate

I can get in and get my affiliate link but the link doesn't go through to the correct page. Try it yourself: http://soccerstatsbetting.co.uk/home/cashmaster/soccers-stats-betting

Let your tech guy know that when I log in I go to the old affiliate dashboard. So basically if there's a new dashboard then my login doesn’t take me there.

Thanks

Keith

Thanks Keith, will take a look at those issues

Cheers

Steve
Hi Keith,

Main site issue is now fixed - on the Affiliate page I think I have amended this to point to the new dashboard but you will have to get them to check as I don't have their credentials to test with.

Let me know

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Steve, however the home page comes up with

Sorry

The page you are finding seem doesn't exist.

Regards

Keith

I will get the affiliate to check their page
Hi Keith,

That's strange - soccerstatsbetting.co.uk is working correctly on several systems here - are you getting the same thing in more than one browser?

Let me know what comes back from the affiliate

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have tried through explorer and firefox

Keith

Hi Keith,

Can you check from this direct link?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No that says the same

Hi Keith,

I've double checked with several other remote systems and the site should be working correctly

http://soccerstatsbetting.co.uk (which is what displays on Google) loads up the home page.

http://soccerstatsbetting.co.uk/home will give an error though - this is due to the wordpress installation files not being in the root of the server directory. Moving them would lead to a lot of plugin issues I believe.

Once connected to http://soccerstatsbetting.co.uk all links are working fine - it might need caches/DNS logs to be cleared in each browser though

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Steve

I still cant get the home page on my computer, however I just asked my son to have a look and it works fine on his

I will let you know what the affiliate says

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks - should be a caching issue, restart should clear this but let me know if not and what the affiliate comes back with

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve

The affiliate has come back to me and he is still having the same problem, he cant log in it says page does not exist

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

Ok - to check what's going on I'll need their affiliate login details, will this be possible?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure, I will let you know

Thanks Keith - I have checked Wordpress again and the affiliate plugin is pointing to the correct dashboard but let me know

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just a quick question Steve, what would happen if we deleted the incorrect dashboard ?

Hi Keith,

It would display a page not found error - there are two dashboard pages and the configuration was pointing to the old one yesterday, it's now pointing to the new one.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a dummy affiliate account and that works fine, it goes to the correct homepage, so I dont see how a new affiliate can go to the wrong one

Hi Keith,

No, if the dummy affiliate account is working correctly, then so should all affiliate accounts. It could be a caching issue as the change was only made yesterday evening. They should restart and clear their browser caches just in case it's storing something incorrectly.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve,

I have received the affiliates log in details, it looks fine to me

Username: cashmaster Password: jUt5N5s6uh6tW7N4ed

Please can you take a look anyway just to see if everything is ok behind the scenes, thanks Keith

He has also just sent this

Hi Keith, The login works fine for me too. So what's that got to do with the problem with the affiliate link? I've never had a problem logging in. The problem is where the affiliate link takes the prospect. I've said it about ten times now. Just click on the link and you'll see it goes to an unknown page. What exactly don't you understand about this? Graham

Hi Keith,

I've checked and this does go to the Affiliate Dashboard - I don't get any unknown page. It might be best to get a screenshot of their issue?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You can check it yourself. Just click my affiliate link: > > http://soccerstatsbetting.co.uk/home/cashmaster/soccers-stats-betting > > As you can see it says the page doesn't exist.

I think its the home page issue, that was the link he sent the other day,

Thanks Keith - I will check through this later when back in front of my laptop

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THanks Steve

just got this aswell

Hi Keith, What happens when you click on my link? Let me know: http://soccerstatsbetting.co.uk/home/cashmaster/soccers-stats-betting Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve just to let you know I have deleted my browser history and cache but still get the same message

Sorry

Hi Keith,

Thanks - am tracking the issue, although the plugin is pointed at the correct Dashboard there seems to be a loop somewhere in the code which is making a call to the old page. Will work it out...

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve, did you get anywhere with the loop, I still cant see the home page

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

Do you mean the affiliate home page? The main home page was working fine if I recall but one affiliate could not view the dashboard?

Can you ask them to try this link?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I believe the affiliate dashboard is working fine it was the web site home page that still has the problem, I have cleared my history and cache however I still cannot see the home page, regards Keith

Hi Keith,

You mentioned that your son's computer was showing the homepage correctly - is that still the case?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just checked and yes it is fine on his mac

Hi Keith,

I've been checking via several machines and it all seems fine. Can you try creating a new user account on your system and accessing via a browser there?

Just need to work out if it's a user specific setting issue or a system wide issue.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Steve I believe the site is working correctly now, I deleted my cache correctly and can now see the home page also

Thanks

Keith

Thanks Keith,

Glad to hear - if you are able to rate this that will allow me to receive the site credit.

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Cheers

Steve
Experience: Microsoft and Apple Certified IT Engineer - 13 years experience with home users as well as small, medium and large businesses