Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 35 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
12940042

Computer question. I cant access one of my two email accounts.

I can't access one of my two email accounts. This account is a directv one co-administered by Directv, my satellite provider, and Google. A JustAnswer expert set it up so that I click my desktop GoogleChrome icon, select Gmail, and go to a window where I can enter info for either my Gmail or Directv account. Yesterday, when I went to GoogleChrome and clicked Gmail, it went directly to my Gmail account without offering the window in which I could choose which account I wanted. I've tried everything my limited knowledge can do. Can someone help? Paula

I just wonder....could I change the naughty account to a gmail address to eliminate this reoccurring problem?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 1 year ago.
Greetings, often times if the browser retains your log-in information then it may go directly to the last account you had open. Your best option is to make sure you log out of your email before closing the window or browser. Click on your name or picture in the upper right corner of the email screen and choose Sign Out. This is something you should do each time before you leave the account anyway. If the problem is in another email account (unsure from your description) then the same procedure is needed, log out before closing the window.

If you need additional assistance please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dan, I replied to your suggestion by email, but I will keep this open for your reply.

Hi Paula, Just Answer does not forward any emails to independent experts such as myself. Any communication is done through their website here. I would be happy to reply while I am online if you can post your comments here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dan, I understand what you're saying--perhaps--but how can I sign out if I
can't access the account in the first place? My Chrome home page goes
directly to my business account, XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX bypassing
the intermediate page that lets me type in XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX, my social
contact account, the one I all of a sudden can't access. I have tried
typing the URL www.directv.net in the address bar, which does give me my
Google-managed Directv internet page on which I have typed my ID and
Password, but then it begins toggling in an endless circle through Google,
YouTube, and Directv addresses, never loading and stopping at the email
site. I had this problem twice before, and the last JustAnswer tech took
over, installed GoogleChrome, and set up the path GoogleChrome-
intermediate ID/Password XXXXX which gained me access to either account.
Yesterday, that intermediate page no longer appeared.

You are a bloomin' genius if you can do something.

Paula

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure, Dan. I understood your answer, but I can't access the very account I must access to follow your directions. The last time it happened, the JustAnswer tech took over my computer, installed GoogleChrome, and established a path to my lostXXX@XXXXXX.XXX account that lasted wonderfully for months. Yesterday, that path disappeared. It went like this: I'd hit the GoogleChrome icon on desktop, get the home page, hit Gmail in the top ribbon of options, and then a page would come up with spaces for ID and Password. That way, I could access either of my accounts at will (the other account being my biz acct,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX). Now, with that intermediate page having disappeared, when I hit Gmail, it goes directly to my gmail (biz) acct without my having the option to bring up my pbennett acct, which is my social and mundane affair account. How do I get back that intermediate page? I'm really feeling desperate.

I have tried typing the URL address www.directv.net to get at my acct through the website, and it does give me my page to enter ID, etc., but when I do, it doesn't load, but instead, toggles endlessly among gmail, YouTube, and directv, constantly redirecting, with no stopping point.

If you can help, you're a bloomin' genius...

Google Chrome is not one of my favorite commodities. My suggestion is to circumvent Chrome altogether and rely on another browser such as Firefox to avoid this conflict. In that way it will allow you to access both accounts at the same time without problems. If you don't already have Firefox you can download it easily from Firefox.com <=Click here. Folllow the directions to install it and type the URL in the address bar when you are ready. There should be no conflicts and to prevent any potential interaction you can tell Firefox not to import anything from Chrome or other browser when you first open it.

Let me know if this is an option for you.

Experience: Over 35 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have Firefox but don't normally use it. This is an opportunity. When you say, "Type the URL in the address bar", I assume you are referring to the directv address?

Yes Paula. Whatever URL you need to reach your account.

BTW, I didn't specify which email account to log out of because I wasn't sure which one it was logging into. Since it is automatically logging into the business account then you need to try logging out of that one to see if it helps. If not, try my suggestion. At least for me it is easier than trying to determine what the prior expert may have done.

In the end if nothing helps then I will opt out to make way for another professional.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hang on a minute, will you, please? I have already tried logging out of the biz account. No luck, no change. I'll try Mozilla and see what happens. Hang on...

That's fine, I am just under a time constraint and wanted to give you as much feedback as I could before I leave on a service call. Respond when it's convenient and I'll check when I return.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll repeat the reply I gave a moment ago in another window. Using Mozilla, I accessed the Directv website. They welcomed me back and sent me to my login page. After logging in, the loading process turned into the same endless toggling I described above, but this time, Firefox displayed the following message: "The page isn't redirecting properly. Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies." Does this help you to know what to do?

Paula

Okay, sorry I didn't fully understand your situation since this has been a multi-session problem. I will opt out and try to turn this over to James who is online at the moment and was the last one to assist you. Best of luck Paula.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
what happens if you try to do it using the internet explorer rather than firefox ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for tuning in Robert, but I solved the problem by myself after five hours trying to get effective help on JustAnswer yesterday. In case this is info you can use for a future problem, I finally rescued my lost email account by going to Mozilla, disabling the cookies, and then going to the email account through the website of my satellite server. Thank you for even WANTING to help. I didn't get that feeling from anyone yesterday.

Paula

Do I sound just a little disgruntled...?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am sorry about that. I pick up on a lot of questions that others have had a problem with I enjoy the challenge. I am glad that you got it worked out for yourself.

Is there anything else that I could help you with to un gruntle you?