Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Attempting to install Wordperfect x6 standard upgrade. Installation

Attempting to install Wordperfect x6 standard upgrade. Installation requires previous code from x4/5. I am tring to upgrade from Wordperfect 2000 version WP2, which has been automatically been up dated to wp9 (which i am currently using. How can I get past the sign in?

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Hello Gordon, my name is Michael. I didn't see a response from you in chat so I switched to the QA format so I could get this information to you.

Just so you understand clearly - we are not afilliated with Corel or the Wordperfect Product. When you provide a rating here, please base it on the accuracy of the information I provide and the level of service I provide to you in communicating the information. If the decsions of these companies were mine to make, many of them would be different.

As you said, Wordperfect X6 requires a version of WordPerfect X4 or higher to qualify for an upgrade of the product. Without an existing version of x4 or x5, the upgrade license isn't valid. Because of that, it won't let you install. Unfortunately, there isn't a legal way to circumvent this since the license itself, to be in effect, requires an accomanying x4 or x5 license. Since your previous version is x2, it doesn't qualify.

However, I do have a suggestion for you that will make the license legally valid and that will make it possible to install. What I suggest is getting the OLD version of Wordperfect Office x4, which is very cheap. Here is an example:

Wordperfect Office X4 Standard Upgrade [OLD VERSION]

That will get you to the current version at a much lower cost than buying the full product.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Gordon,

I was just thinking of something else that might help you - if you are a home user - you also qualify for the home and student version which is the same software, but the license prohibits using it for business. So if you are using it at home, you can get the full product for less than either upgrade paths for the standard version:
Corel WordPerfect Office X6 Home & Student

This chart will show you the features in each version. It's not likely you are using the features not included in the Home version, but check this to make sure before you buy.

Compare product family

Gordon, I added the following to my previous response, but it may have been after you read it:

Compare product family

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The link you provided was for an open box version of WP x4, but that update required WP10. I'm running WP9. It looks like I will have to return my update version and purchase the whole WP x6.

Gordon, did you check on the Home and Student Version I gave you a link to above? It's very inexpensive and it has all the normal functionality of the full suite.