Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

some how i am stuck in aptio setup utility and cannot get out.

Customer Question

some how i am stuck in aptio setup utility and cannot get out. It will not let me save and exit. is there a way to boot from here? it is the asus q200e windows 8
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Hi, I will assist with this issue.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Can you press & hold the power button for about 6 seconds for it to turn off, then turn it back on and check? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer :

it then returns to the aptio setup utility menu

Viet - Computer Tech :

Is there any exit option there?

Customer :

yes and it doesnt work. when i use it, it the same aptio setup utility menu shows up

Customer :

i need to figure out how to reboot from there... whatever i try returns me to the same page.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Check the boot/startup option

Customer :

doesnt work - i can only dissable or enable. not start or execute.

Customer :

and i dont think deleting the boot option is a good idea...

Viet - Computer Tech :

Not deleting. What are all the options in aptio setup utility?

Customer :

top row:

Customer :

main, advancedc, boot, security, save/exit

Customer :

nothing in save/exit gets me out

Viet - Computer Tech :

Is there a load default option?

Customer :

it sort of goes in a black page but the same aptio menu shows up

Customer :

no

Customer :

there is restore defaults but it doesnt do anything.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Go to boot option and let me know

Customer :

when hitting the restore defaults it come up with load optimized defaults... but nothing happens

Customer :

on the boot option there is fast boot which is enabled and launch csm which is disabled.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Is the battery removable for this laptop model?

Customer :

when i enable the csm option it comes up with launch PXE OpRom which is disabled.

Customer :

no battery is removable on this one.

Customer :

what is PXE OpRom

Viet - Computer Tech :

can you enable launch csm and PXE OpRom

Viet - Computer Tech :

It's technical:
http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/definition/PXE

Customer :

yes.. but i cannot lanch it.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Sorry, it looks like the laptop is damaged

Viet - Computer Tech :

it's supposed to be able to exit setup and go to windows.

Viet - Computer Tech :

When did you get this laptop?

Customer :

Christmas

Customer :

what is launch EFI Shell from filesystem

Customer :

well. thats what i was looking for. Please ensure i am not charged for this.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Sorry about the hardware issue, would you like me to provide the contact for warranty support?

Customer :

no, i got it.

Viet - Computer Tech :

OK, I'm sorry about the hardware issue this time. If you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know any time. Thank you,

Customer :

ok

Viet - Computer Tech :

Bye for now, thank you,