Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

my acer crashed i dont have a start up disk or usb saved what

my acer crashed i dont have a start up disk or usb saved what do i so to get it working
tried going to safe mode and restart to it to as new but something failed and it wont do anything know what do i do
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

Did you try to use the build in recovery to restore the system to factory settings ?

Is it a Acer laptop or a desktop ?

Is it less than a year old ?

Are you talking to me from a different computer ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i tried the built in recovery but something went wrong while doing so

it is a laptop with no cd rom

3 months old

and im on my desktop

Can you please try the built in recovery again ... and let me know about each step you perform ... and at which step you get stuck

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i cant get into it i just tried again i get on the screan stet us is starting then it goes into windows could not complete the installation to install windos on this computer restart the installation

What process did you try to do system recovery ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it wont let me go anywhere i have tried f8 safe mode etc i just get the same thing is there a a way just to put windows 7 on it etc

You said you have tried the recovery process.... so how did you do it ?

Did you press some Key on keyboard to enter recovery mode ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no just went into safe mode and went to the one that says recovery still getting the same phrase

You need to perform system recovery. It can be done two ways as explained below.

1. Using the built in recovery partition available in few models of Acer.

Please try the following key combination immediately after starting the laptop (when you see the Acer logo)
Alt + F10
If it has the builtin recovery partition, this should start the recovery process.
If prompted for a password XXXXX the process, enter six zeros (default).
It should start the Acer eRecovery process.
There will be 4 options:
1. Restore system to factory default
2. Restore system from user backup
3. Restore system from cd/dvd
4. Exit

Select option 1. and your computer will goto factory settings.

2. If unavailable in your model then you have to use the Acer Recovery Disc that came with your computer.

If no Disc came with your computer you can order one by going at this link : LINK
If you are not located in US let me know your country's name.

You need to buy a USB CD/DVD Drive to connect to the acer computer to use the recovery disc. You can get it at amazon or any computer store.

Put the Recovery Disk into your drive and restart your computer. Restart computer and on startup screen it will mention a Key to enter setup. Press that key immediately to enter setup. Then you will find many tabs. Goto BOOT tab. Change the boot order to make the CD Drive as 1st device in Boot order list and do Save and Exit. Then restart computer making sure disc is already in CD Drive. This will load computer from recovery disc.

Let me know if you need further information via the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with SMILEY face (GOOD / EXCELLENT) so that I get credited for my answer through this website.

Thanks and take care!