Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I just purchased an hp from Costco. It was the floor model.

I just purchased an hp from Costco. It was the floor model. It already had an administrator on it. Can I change this? I need a password. I have tried the flash drive method, but It would not get pass the password.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Hi, I will assist with this isue.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Is this windows password? What's the model of the computer? Does it have windows 7 or 8?

Customer:

It is windows 8. Model no is p6-2327c

Viet - Computer Tech :

Let's try to do a factory restore with the following steps:

Viet - Computer Tech :

Turn off the computer, then turn it back on, then press the key F11 when the computer logo appears on the screen in order to do a system recovery.

Viet - Computer Tech :

If that does not work, turn off your computer. Then turn it on, and right after the black screen with white text or the computer company logo disappears, press & release key F8 repeatedly until a menu appears, then you select the troubleshoot/refresh option
; if it does not work, try the steps again, but this time, press & hold the Shift key while pressing key F8

Customer:

If I do this , I will lose connection with you. I am using the new computer to chat with you. Is that all I do or is there more? I am writing this down.

Viet - Computer Tech :

Don't worry, you can check your email for message from JustAnswer later in order to get back to me via this web page.

Customer:

okay

Viet - Computer Tech :

ok thanks