Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

my new msi laptop will not exit the aptio setup utility, everytime

my new msi laptop will not exit the aptio setup utility, everytime i close it it just pops up again. will not startup. it is a brand new laptop
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

Can you tell me which version of Windows is installed on the laptop please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 8

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Andrew.

Press the Windows Key on the Keyboard, and R

Type in MSCONFIG and press enter

Click on the Startup Tab, look for aptio and disable it.

Click ok, restart the computer and it should than be ok

If you have any difficulties, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing happens when i push the windows button then R

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To check, you need to have the Windows Key (the one on your keyboard) held down than press R while it is held down please

Let me know if you still have difficulties
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still nothing comes up, it is stuck in the aptio setup. when i push escape it just opens up again. we could save and reset before, it just reset the computer and opened up aptio again. now it will not even let me save and reset anymore

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you give me the model of the computer please Andrew?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MSI GT70 OND

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Andrew

I want to reinstall Windows as it appears Windows has seriously corrupted when it installed (happens when you first receive the computer)

To do this, turn off the computer. Turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you see the recovery console.

Do a Restore so that Windows is reinstalled from the hidden partition on the computer.

When it completes, it should operate correctly.

If not, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it will not open the recovery console when we start the laptop up. it goes straight to the aptio setup. Have tried pushing f8 but nothing happens

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you try with F3 please Andrew
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still nothing

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is very strange.

Did you receive any disks with the computer Andrew?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i received a disk titled User Manual Utilities Driver.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is 100% F3

Sorry Andrew, but can I please have you try F3 again

Turn on the Laptop and keep tapping it repeatedly the second it starts till you see the recovery menu.

Please let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have attempted F3 once again, though it still has not worked. earlier i set a password XXXXX this computer, before i came to this site, and now it will no longer allow me to enter this password.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok Andrew,

There are a number of major issues with this computer.

You should not have had your initial problem and you should not in anyway be having this problem.

No matter the issue, F3 always works unless there is a hardware problem, which is what I am fearing, and it can be bad sectors on the hard disk or faulting RAM.

I am really sorry Andrew, but you will need to take the computer back to be replaced. There is a hardware issue, and you are not going to be able to get past this. We know this due to F3 failing.

I am really sorry about this, and if I can assist with anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know.

If you could please Rate My Service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry