Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft and Apple Certified IT Engineer - 13 years experience with home users as well as small, medium and large businesses
65126503

I am using Google Chrome . Very often pages are not responsive.

I am using Google Chrome . Very often pages are not responsive. Why?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Steve Herrod replied 1 year ago.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue

Steve Herrod :

is there any relation between the type of page being displayed and Chrome being unresponsive?

Steve Herrod :

for example does it happen mainly on video pages?

Steve Herrod :

has this issue always occurred with Chrome or just recently?

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

hi steve

Steve Herrod :

Hi

Customer:

No relation between the type of page being displayed and Chrome and the issue occured for a whiile

Customer:

Also--

Customer:

It happens more often when I have few tabs open at the same time

Customer:

And

Customer:

it happens to microsoft word and internet explorer

Customer:

and excell

Steve Herrod :

thanks - that is good to know

Steve Herrod :

and it's running Windows XP?

Customer:

yes

Steve Herrod :

what anti-virus software is running on the machine?

Steve Herrod :

and also is the machine a desktop or a laptop?

Customer:

Anti virus is supposed to be Norton but it expired. I am not aware on any other.

Customer:

It is a desktop

Steve Herrod :

ok - what I would recommend firstly would be to download and run the free version of Malware Bytes

Steve Herrod :

which is available here

Customer:

Here?

Steve Herrod :

sorry - took a few seconds to create the link

Steve Herrod :

once that is installed, run the full scan and see if it detects anything untoward

Customer:

Will I have to restart the computer?

Steve Herrod :

no, you won't need to restart

Steve Herrod :

the full scan can take a couple of hours to run

Steve Herrod :

but you can let me know the results whenever convenient

Steve Herrod :

the other thing which would be good to test would be to restart into safe mode with networking

Customer:

Ok ,I downloaded it and it is in progress. I will get back to you later

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

I have a requests/question for Just Answer.

Only computer experts chat by splitting the screen.

Other experts, such as lawyers and doctors, don’t know how to do it and if I have follow up questions or answers I have to wait for messages on my e mail.

Can you forward this message too Just Answer?

Steve Herrod :

I will forward it - although as far as I'm aware all experts have the option to chat like this

Steve Herrod :

they may be choosing to put it into the Q&A format for some reason

Steve Herrod :

but I'll make sure this gets seen by Customer Services as well

Experience: Microsoft and Apple Certified IT Engineer - 13 years experience with home users as well as small, medium and large businesses