Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft and Apple Certified IT Engineer - 13 years experience with home users as well as small, medium and large businesses
65126503

Just acquired new ASUS w Win 8. Fouled up mail confirmation

Just acquired new ASUS w Win 8. Fouled up mail confirmation of my mailadress sent by you to "[email protected]". Now it is inaccessible.
Being chairman of a fairly large organization I do need that adress desperately!.
How do I get up again?
Svein Bue
Oslo,
Norway

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help with this issue - unfortunately JustAnswer blocks e-mail addresses for privacy reason

Steve Herrod :

can you let me know the last section of the e-mail account in question - after they @ symbol?

Customer:

@getmail.no

Steve Herrod :

thanks

Steve Herrod :

just checking a few things

Steve Herrod :

there doesn't seem to be much support information at all for getmail.no? Just so I'm clear, you were setting up the new Asus/Windows 8 machine and an error happened with the mail confirmation?

Customer:

During activating new PC I recvd a mail (on my Outlook Express om XP) from MS asking me to conform that my mail adress was the correct on. Being used to phishing etc. I responded by deleting it. Thats the whole problem. It works om my Xp and my Win 7, but is dead om Win8.

Steve Herrod :

ok - so you can login to the mail account etc on Windows XP/7 but not on Windows 8 at all

Customer:

Right you are! Win 8 is blocking use of mail program, the others dont.

Steve Herrod :

ok - is this the built in Windows 8 Mail program or another one?

Customer:

Nothing added. Just trying to get things going with a very unfamiliar Win-version. Made one mistake on warming up and will obviously pay for it the rest of my life. Will scratch everything and install XP. Thanks for now!

Steve Herrod :

there are some interesting 'features' for Windows 8

Steve Herrod :

playing around with a test system and not yet able to get round this issue

Customer:

OK. We leave it there. Thanks for now

Customer:

Regards

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Trying Microsoft Forum Norway. Christ walked on water. Can it happen again?

Will revert if a brilliant problem solver up here in the Arctic can come up with something that comes to grip with Microsofts pitfalls.

Regard

Svein B

Well, there must be room for another miracle - still trying to work out some of the Win 8 niceties so will keep you posted from this side as well.

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for effort. Afraid that MS has blocked for income respons. Obviously cash for Bill Goates will solve the problem.

Going back to XP.

Regards and a Msoft Christmas.

Svein B

Will keep trying :)

Best regards and enjoy the festivities

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks and same to you!

You're welcome!

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

The local wizard (my No. Two Son) came on a Christmas visit yesterday. I tried to follow his incantations, but to no avail. But alas, the thing now works!!

He has promised to send me some kind of "directions for use". Will pass them on when (and if) they come. I am not quite sure that even he kan replay that wizardry

Regards

Svein B

Thanks - would be good to know!

Will you be sticking with Windows 8 on that machine?

Cheers

Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello again,

1) Again being on friendly terms with all of my four sons, I do not see that any Win-question should remain unsolved in the future - I hope. If so, I will of course contact you again.

2) Already done.

Thanks for now

Regards

Svein B

No problem - happy to help if the need should ever arise

Cheers

Steve