Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.

computer running really slow. videos run in slow motion but

computer running really slow. videos run in slow motion but the sound is up to speed.

Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

3 things come to mind with slow videos.

1) If this is a laptop it could be overheating. Feel the bottom and see if it feels hot, if so you may want to invest in a cooling pad. You should notice a huge speed increase as well

2) A startup program may be affecting performence.

3) A Virus or Malware infection could be causing this.

Let's try a few things:

First add our chat to your favorites.

Once you have our chat saved to your favorites

Hold the Windows Key (Looks like a flag on the keyboard) and press R

In the Runbox type msconfig and push enter

Click the Startup Tab

Press Disable ALL

Press Apply

Click on the Services Tab.

Check the box to "Hide Microsoft Items"

Click Disable All once again

Press Apply and OK

Reboot the computer.

After the computer has rebooted return to our chat.

Next we want to double check to make sure no Spyware has infected your computer.

Click this link

If it asks if you want to run or save choose Run

When the setup opens click OK, Next check both I accept boxes and press Next, Press Next 4 more times, then press Install

When the install completes it will open Malwarebytes automatically

Press the Scan button

The scan could take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour or more. If it finds any threats press the Remove Selected button.

This will reboot your computer and remove any infections you may have on your computer.

Next let's take a look at Chrome settings for flash

If none of the above helped out let's try something else.

In the top of Google Chrome (In the address bar)

chrome://plugins then push enter

Press the + Symbol near the word Details (To the Right of Adobe Flash Player)

Press Disable underneath:

Take note of the screenshot I just made below (you can click it to make it larger)

After you disable to Pepper Plugin, Exit Google Chrome and try playing a video again

If this solves or answers your problem please press the ACCEPT/Rate Button and choose a rating for my help (an excellent service rating is most appreciated Laughing)

If you have further questions or this does not solve your problem DO NOT yet press accept/rate instead reply to me so we can further troubleshoot the issue and get your problem resolved.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

malware didnt find anything and i did all the other things but it is still slow :(

Ter did you disable the pepper plugin in Chrome's Plugins?

Also let's try something else if you did that already.

Is this a Youtube video thats skipping bad?

If so Right Click on the video that's playing and choose Settings

the box that says enable hardware acceleration

Press Close

If it is still choppy do you mind testing something else for me?

I have seen Chrome act very funny sometimes playing videos. Let's see if the issue exists in Firefox as well

Click the above link, if it asks if you want to run or save choose run

Follow the prompts
to complete the Firefox install. See if the video is choppy in Firefox vs Chrome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i disabled the plug-in

i dont think its a youtube video its not saying what kind of video it is but i have had yoututbe videos do this in the past

i downloaded firefox and it is working a little better not much with the video. also on the firefox the text and images on my screen are smaller and i cant seem to use the scroll on my laptop keyboard since the last restart you told me to do. internet still running slow

You can zoom in with firefox by Holding the CTRL key on the keyboard and press +

Do me a favor. visit this site.

What are you getting for your Upload/Download Speed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

11.85 mbps download speed 2.98 upload speed

That's actually pretty good. Is it specific to that video? For example if you went to and played a video is it slow as well?

Is this a laptop or a desktop? What's the make and model number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

youtube works better. most videos i watch on tumblr skip and it takes longer than it used to to load images sometimes and gifs usually skip.

its a laptop toshiba and do you mean the serial nuimber?

Hmm it may be Tumblr's servers. Is it just with Tumblr?

Not the serial number it should say Toshiba Satellite or similar. It sounds a lot like it may be related to tumblr's site. Do you mind sharing a link so I could test the video on my end?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

c655d-s5138 is the number

Ah Just as I thought Laughing It's not on your end at all with this video. It's doing the exact same thing to me.

The steps we took should increase your computers speed also (I forgot to mention that above) and also help out with performance in general (including video playback)

I am not sure if it's an issue with Tumblr's server or that particular video itself, but the good news is your computer is fine :)

I'll tell you what you can do also. Keep our chat handy (in your favorites or keep the link in your e-mail from JustAnswer)

Any time you have any computer issues return anytime and i'll be here to help you out day or night. I am on the east coast and am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week.

If you have a moment you can also rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated Laughing)

Thanks Ter. & Merry Christmas