Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Trying to install kaspersky on my new computer. I enter my

Customer Question

Trying to install kaspersky on my new computer. I enter my activation code but get a message advising the code is incorrect.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 1 year ago.

Jerry Hannell :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Jerry, I will be happy to assist you today.
---
Hello sir/madam, are you currently using the computer in question now?

Customer :

Hi Jerry, and thanks for the rapid response. Yes I am using the computer now

Jerry Hannell :

you can directly download your kaspersky from the kaspersky website ("my kaspersky account")

Jerry Hannell :

did you try it?

Jerry Hannell :

https://my.kaspersky.com

Customer :

No. I just used the disk to download onto this new computer.

Jerry Hannell :

can you download it from internet

Jerry Hannell :

from my.kaspersky.com

Jerry Hannell :

(login first)

Customer :

I hope I can.

Jerry Hannell :

can you try it, if something goes wrong please let me know

Jerry Hannell :

we can go step by step

Customer :

Thanks Jerry. I'l get back to you either way.

Jerry Hannell :

i will be here waiting

Jerry Hannell :

you are welcome

Customer :

Hi Jerry, Rob here again. Looks like the my account avenue didnt give me too much information I could work with. It lists the

Customer :

activation code that is bein rejected

Jerry Hannell :

is it giving you the option of "redownloading" ?

Jerry Hannell :

can you download your product ?

Jerry Hannell :

(from that page)

Jerry Hannell :

it seems your product key is correct, but program is not correct (maybe different version?)

Customer :

No

Jerry Hannell :

what is the name of the kaspersky product you are trying to install?

Customer :

Anti Virus

Jerry Hannell :

did you uninstall your kaspersky from your old computer ?

Customer :

No

Jerry Hannell :

according to kaspersky:

Jerry Hannell :

you can move a license from one machine to another literally by uninstalling from the old machine and installing using the same download/disc and same activation code as the first install.

Jerry Hannell :

do you have access to your old computer ?

Customer :

Yes, its right here.

Jerry Hannell :

can you uninstall it. (during uninstallation, please be sure you are connected to the internet on that computer)

Jerry Hannell :

so an information can be sent to kaspersky servers that you are uninstalling the program from your computer to move the license

Customer :

Ok Jerry, this will take a little time because I'm using the same moden for both computers. I was really hoping to keep the program on both computers while I do various back ups of files to transfer to my new machine.

Jerry Hannell :

kaspersky license you have is for one computer or three computers?

Jerry Hannell :

if one computer, kaspersky will not allow you to install it on two computers at the same time

Customer :

Not sure to be honest.

Customer :

In all fairness its probably for 1 computer only.

Jerry Hannell :

it seems it is for one computer, becuase it didnt allow you to install it on your new computer

Jerry Hannell :

yes.

Customer :

Ok. I will have to close this chat here while I move my modem to my old computer. After I have uninstalled, I will try the activation code again and see how it goes. I will get back to you Jerry with the outcome. Many thanks for your help today. Its greatly appreciated.

Jerry Hannell :

you are welcome, best regards

Customer :

Hi Jerry, Rob here. I have uninstalled Kaspersky from my old computer. But that activation code is still coming up as being invalid.

Jerry Hannell :

can you go to

Jerry Hannell :

and download your product again.

Jerry Hannell :

before installing, please uninstall your current version