Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I want to get rid of smartbar.exe. How do I do this?

Hi!

As far as I know, smartbar.exe is an add-on for another program (Skype, I believe), and as such it does not always appear in the typical Add/Remove Program dialog box. To remove it, you'll need a more advanced Uninstall tool.

Personally, I recommend IOBit Uninstaller. It will give you the option to uninstall many programs that do not appear on the normal Add/Remove Programs dialog. You can download IOBit Uninstaller here:

http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

After downloading and installing, you should be able to find Smartbar on its list of programs.

Other programs that do something similar are Advanced Uninstaller, CCleaner, and Revo Uninstaller -- I say that just in case you already have one of those installed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For Eric M

Thank you. First I will check if I have CC cleaner, then go to IObit. Will let you know results

OK. I do not have CC Cleaner. When I go to the IOBit URL you've given me, It forces me to download "Free Download Manager". I have done this. Now what?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

WHERE ARE YOU?

Apologies, I was away from my computer.

To download, go here: https://www.freenew.net/windows/iobit-uninstaller-2-0/68873.htm (more direct download link -- the previous link is one more page away)

Click Download in the top left (above where it says "Before you download:..."), and it will take you directly to the download page. I don't think the Free Download Manager is needed.

After downloading it, install and run it. You should be given a list of programs on your computer. Scroll to smartbar and choose to uninstall it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I followed your suggestion. . I get the setup file, but it refuses to completely install. What next?

Hmm, how strange. What error message does it give when the installation fails?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

For Eric M

It just asks me to wait. I waited for 3/4 of an hour, and it failed to complete. I did this twice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
both answers given did not work. In addition, he is unavailable most of the time
Hi, I will assist with this issue.

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check/fix this issue directly for you?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

Please click on the website below and allow the screen sharing remote program to run:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=4342739a-6544-4374-800c-632df3215f07&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Thank you
I've scanned your computer; it looks okay, but let's check the disk as the system is not running well.

Please back up your files you want to keep to a USB / flash drive, then do full disk check:

1. Open My Computer

2. Right-click the C: drive, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check now. Then check both boxes and click on Start, and confirm, then restart the computer, then the disk will checked automatically; this can take long, up to an hour or more.

, then check the computer. Please let me know later. Thank you
Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Computer was unbearably slow, then the screen froze. so I've restarted and will foll your suggestions and let you know

You're welcome. OK, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for Eric M

Ran check disk. laptop appears to be ok. thank you

Great. I'm glad you got it working. Also, actually, my name is XXXXX XXXXX tech who provided the solution of running check disk.

Thank you,
-Viet