Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I get error message on

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. I get error message on program running when I try to drill down. Error message "Window limit reached" "Can't open a new window until you close one". I have no idea how to close a window. Can not find a reference in the owners manual.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

This issue stems from multiple tabs being open on the Internet Browser (Tabs meaning multiple sites open at once in the same browser)

What you want to look for is an X to close these tabs

Take a look and see if it let's you close them out by tapping the Tab button then tapping the X

The tab button looks like this

graphic

Let's see if this helps, if for some reason you get stuck on anything reply to me. I am standing by to assist you Laughing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please be specific to the Galaxy Tab 2. I do not see a keyboard when I am in the program drilling down.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Ken the error is part of the Internet Browser.

On the home screen of the Galaxy go ahead and tap the Browser icon

In the browser do you seen an icon at the top that looks like this: ?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have an icon that says "Internet" After pressing icon several tabs are noted at top of screen. If I press a tab, the brouser gos to that location. I do not know how to close the tabs. There is no "?" that I can see on the page.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
In the Internet App Look top right of the screen you will see a small box which will have a number in it.

This is the number of the tabs you have open.

Press the box and all the screens will appear onto the page.

Press the red cross sign on each page

Let's see if this helps, if not we'll try a soft reset
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a small box that has a "+". When I tap "+" I get message that no more windows are available. We are on the right track if I can delete the tabs at top of page.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Getting Closer :)

Take a look for a box near the + symbol. Do you see any other clickable boxes under the internet app?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The next line down is the data url imput line wthe back arrows etc. You really need to have the Tab 2 to look at to help me.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I actually have a Galaxy 2 Tab Laughing

Take a look at this screenshot taking on the 2 7.0.

graphic

Do you see in the very top right hand corner an icon that looks like this? (you can click the image to make it full screen and easier to see)

graphic

Does your's not have this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I see that icon. When I tap it, I do not see option of deleting Tabs.

We must be getting close to solution.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Do the tabs appear when you tap this? If so try using your finger to tap and hold a tab see if an X appears
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes!!!! The tab appears and when I hold it until see X, then delete tab. That should solve problem. Very limited number of windows that can be open at same time on this Tab 2. Thank you. One other admin problem, I had to enter my credit card twice because of a password XXXXX How do I avoid double billing?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
The system prevents that from happening Laughing Glad we got the tab issue fixed :)

I can usually get around 7 or 8 tabs on mine to open without that message.

Ken if you ever have any Galaxy issues or computer issues in the future you can reply to me day or night. I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week

Sorry it took so long to get it solved, I really appreciate your patience in sticking with me

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below, an excellent service rating is most appreciated. If you need anything at all do not hesitate to reply

Thanks Ken

Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience: Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.